My one gpu fan broke and now the second fan is out of control!!!

Skra45

Hi

My MSI 1050ti gaming X has a problem. The one fan got stuck because of lack of oil it was hard to turn since it broke the second fan goes to max speed from the start and I cant control it. I oiled the fan and now it can spin but I think the motor burned out already . I ordered new fans I hope it helps. Is it a safety feature of the GPU or did the control brake.

Please help 

Welcome to the forums!!!

Most likely software is detecting that the one fan is at 0RPM and pushing the other fan at 100% in order to cool the graphics card in order to prevent damage from happening. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

That would be amazing news. Then the fan replacement will do the job 

I'm getting the fans tomorrow will post result

Thanks for the help feel a lot better now GPU's are to expensive now to replace it.