Razer now officially taking preorders for GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti pre-built systems

VixAAT

Summary

On Chinese Tmall, they have already been taking preorders of Razer Prebuilts with an RTX 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti. This appears not an accident as the site is promoting the computers heavily. The Specs Match the rumors with 12GB for the 3080 Ti and 8GB for the 3070 Ti. However, the listing does mention that the 3080 Ti version has 10GB which does not replicate rumours.

There are some obvious mistakes in the description, which might be a result of copy-posting the RTX 3080 pre-built page. For instance, in some places, the RTX 3080 Ti is listed with 10GB which is obviously incorrect. However, it is fact that most custom models of RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3080 will look identical because these cards are to feature (more or less) the same board design and similar power requirements. So naturally, we will be seeing many OEMs listing wrong specs.

My thoughts

Well, that's another graphics cards we won't be able to buy. According to the listing the RTX 3080Ti looks quite expensive, so keep an eye out for that.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/razer-now-officially-taking-preorders-for-geforce-rtx-3080ti-and-rtx-3070ti-prebuilt-systems

39 minutes ago, VixAAT said:

The Specs Match the rumors with 12GB for the 3080 Ti and 8GB for the 3070 Ti. However, the listing does mention that the 3080 version has 10GB which does not replicate rumours.

But.... The 3080 does have 10gb....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

But.... The 3080 does have 10gb....

Sorry I meant teh 3080 Ti has 10Gb which is wrong according to the rumours

9 minutes ago, VixAAT said:

Sorry I meant teh 3080 Ti has 10Gb which is wrong according to the rumours

You also said 12gb for the 3080ti....

3 hours ago, VixAAT said:

The Specs Match the rumors with 12GB for the 3080 Ti

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Whoever still pre-order is kind of dumb at this point, as if people haven't got burned enough from the pre-orders of current GPUs

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Whoever still pre-order is kind of dumb at this point, as if people haven't got burned enough from the pre-orders of current GPUs

People have gotten burned in general by the whole gou market. Prices are so high it is pretty dumb at this point. The only people who haven't gotten burned are the ones that either got lucky and purchased the cards at msrp early on or those that are simply waiting it out. 

31 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

People have gotten burned in general by the whole gou market.

imo if you havent paid for a GPU then you're fine, just be patient

but many people have their money held hostage at retailers since last september, and still no 3080

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Well, preorder works differently on Tmall. The retailer sets the inventory (how many they want to sell, and it's usually a pretty small number like 10 or 20). If you are not faster than bots, you cannot click that preorder button.

It is frustrating though (as we experienced for the last 8 months), but it does not cost you any money.