Can Corsair Commander CORE control different rgb fans?

aldoBadAtOc

So I am using LL120 fans as case fans and I am using a commander PRO for all the controls. However, I wanna buy a Corsair AIO which requires the use of Commander CORE but the aio comes with ML120 fans. Can I just connect LL120 rgb headers and ML120 rgb headers to the core and control them via iCue? Since commander core is more compact I'd prefer to get rid of the commander pro and the standalone rgb hub to reduce the cable mess.

Another option would be using my existing LL120 fans on the aio but the fans I have are white and the radiator I am planning to buy is black. I don't know how that would look. If anyone ever mixed white fans with a black radiator could you please share you experience? 

to put this answer simply. YES

ICUE is what controls the fans and RGB. icue will detect what is plugged into it. how many and of what. i have 6 QL corsair fans plugged into a commander pro and lighing node core. icue detected all fans and the case RGB. and if it doesnt you can go into the device setting and change what icue is detecting to what you actuially have.

the commander pro is better if you plan on having temp sensors in your case. if not then in my opinion the commander core is the better way to go as it does the RGB and PWM in one device.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

to put this answer simply. YES

ICUE is what controls the fans and RGB. icue will detect what is plugged into it. how many and of what. i have 6 QL corsair fans plugged into a commander pro and lighing node core. icue detected all fans and the case RGB. and if it doesnt you can go into the device setting and change what icue is detecting to what you actuially have.

the commander pro is better if you plan on having temp sensors in your case. if not then in my opinion the commander core is the better way to go as it does the RGB and PWM in one device.

You see, in your system (same as my system) you have to choose a lighting channel and then there is a dropdown menu which lets you choose ONE type of fan. In order to have a different set of fans you'd need to connect another rgb controller to the lighting node as far as I can tell. I am referring to this by the way: image.png.40e034177403a8b20ee8a4af876419ec.png

image.png.e2e488290671d24ec4b486baae06aedc.png

58 minutes ago, aldoBadAtOc said:

You see, in your system (same as my system) you have to choose a lighting channel and then there is a dropdown menu which lets you choose ONE type of fan. In order to have a different set of fans you'd need to connect another rgb controller to the lighting node as far as I can tell. I am referring to this by the way: image.png.40e034177403a8b20ee8a4af876419ec.png

image.png.e2e488290671d24ec4b486baae06aedc.png

so if you know or think you know. why did you ask the question?

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

so if you know or think you know. why did you ask the question?

because commander PRO and commander CORE are two different things. Commander CORE doesn't even have an external rgb hub which makes it two different scenarios. Why did u bother to answer if you're not knowledgeable?

6 minutes ago, aldoBadAtOc said:

because commander PRO and commander CORE are two different things. Commander CORE doesn't even have an external rgb hub which makes it two different scenarios. Why did u bother to answer if you're not knowledgeable?

i think the commander pro can do one set of fans on one channel and another on the other so you would need another hub. for the core you can only do 1 type of fan. but less cables.

you cant mix fans on the hub thow

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

i think the commander pro can do one set of fans on one channel and another on the other so you would need another hub. for the core you can only do 1 type of fan. but less cables.

yeah that's what I guessed but I was wondering if there is anyone who actually attempted it or not. This will play a key part on which aio I am gonna buy so I kind of want to get a definite answer :(( thank you for your input.

1 minute ago, aldoBadAtOc said:

yeah that's what I guessed but I was wondering if there is anyone who actually attempted it or not. This will play a key part on which aio I am gonna buy so I kind of want to get a definite answer :(( thank you for your input.

well the animations are built around said amount of leds on the fan so it will light it just wont look good. some animations are random and will work same with a solid color.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, aldoBadAtOc said:

why did youy bother to ask a question you thought you already knew the answer to?

yes the commander core and pro are different, if you dont think so then you are an idiot. the Core can handle 6 fans completely with the PWM and RGB. the Pro can handle 6 fans for power, 2 for RGB 4 temp sensors and 2 9 pin internal USB hubs. 

and why dont you try saying you have the fans you have in icue or pic the ones with the most RGB and the other will do the same but you wont have all the rgb on the fans itself? i mean lets just say that the LLs have 30 RGB LEDs for simplicity and the MLs have 15. you pic the LLs in icue as all your fans and all 30 LEDs of the LLs light up and the 15 on thje MLs

of course you can join the corsair discord and ask some of the people who work for corsair yourself. https://discord.gg/corsair