Project Blitz - Kingzogan's Salvaged Build (Minor Updates)

Well, I have the worst luck. I get the replacement GTX 780 today only to find its dead on arrival. Not buying from PNY again.....

are you sure it isn't a driver problem?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

are you sure it isn't a driver problem?

I really doubt a bad driver can cause a card to not even power on, the LED doesn't even turn on. I am running the latest drivers though, and my GTX 650 works just fine in the exact same slot.

sucks with the card :I But build is looking really cool ;D Can't wait to see it finished n stuff.

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

Awesome build! I plan on doing something like this with my Acer pc in the later year, need cash -_-, anyways great build/project  :D

Edit: Why did you use a Z77 board for a non k cpu? Should have maybe just used a H77 board, like the H77 Pro4/MVP.

also just for the GPU thing, try to go with Asus/EVGA for gpus, Gigabyte and MSI are great choices too.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Awesome build! I plan on doing something like this with my Acer pc in the later year, need cash -_-, anyways great build/project  :D

Edit: Why did you use a Z77 board for a non k cpu? Should have maybe just used a H77 board, like the H77 Pro4/MVP.

also just for the GPU thing, try to go with Asus/EVGA for gpus, Gigabyte and MSI are great choices too.

Thanks for the feedback =D I kept with a Z77 board for what I thought was a reason: to keep my options open to upgrading

-but now that I realize that there are these things called NEW RELEASES, I see that is kinda pointless. I'd say the real reason is because I didn't know what H77 was at the time and what the difference was =P

I've learned my lesson about GPU's. Next card I'm getting will be an Gigabye or EVGA card >.>

Thanks for the feedback =D I kept with a Z77 board for what I thought was a reason: to keep my options open to upgrading

-but now that I realize that there are these things called NEW RELEASES, I see that is kinda pointless. I'd say the real reason is because I didn't know what H77 was at the time and what the difference was =P

I've learned my lesson about GPU's. Next card I'm getting will be an EVGA card >.>

Good the hear! My friend bought a EVGA card, all went well, he had no problems till today

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Third 780 arrived today, working well =D Will post pics and finalized build soon.

Build Complete! See first page for all the glorious pictures.

Future Changes:

RMA my power supply as it makes a horribly annoying noise

Fix up cable management a bit

Fix the slightly crooked CPU cooler (Kudos if you could see it =D)

Thanks for following!

Nice job man!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Nice job man!

Thanks =D

I really love the cooler changing LEDs. Also how did you like working in that case?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

I really love the cooler changing LEDs. Also how did you like working in that case?

I don't really have any experiences working in any other cases, except for prebuilt cases from Dell. It's a little cramped, could use those cable managing grommets, but it's nice to build in. Window is just the right size and hides my mediocre cable management xD

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: For several reasons that I will explain in the following spoiler, I returned the 780 and got a Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB (It CAN use most of it's memory even though it has a 256-bit bus, so stop whining) and a Corsair RM 750 PSU.

I swapped the Power supply because the TX PSU had a horrible amount of coil whine that was getting worse by the day, I needed to do something so I sent it back and got a nice super-quiet RM series PSU that appears to be VERY quiet as of now.

I swapped the Graphics card for the following reasons:

• Even though I am running games at 5760x1080, the games I play aren't VERY GPU intensive. I realized I didn't need the full performance of a GTX 780.
  • I needed some of the money back, I can't afford a GTX 780 >.>
  • The PNY card burned out after 2 days....... yep. Thankfully I was able to get store credit to get these guys =D

I trust Gigabyte, bought a card from them before and It was amazingly silent, no issues either. 

nWPz6rQ.jpg

W6JD8Vh.jpg

And the Power supply of course:

Dc3zPgv.jpg

iyks11G.jpg

Mounted it into the system. The cables aren't sleeved but are all black, which made for quite easy cable management.

YG1nwOg.jpg

82wXXmb.jpg

(The lighting in that picture is so.... god-like)

The fans on the 770 are smaller than I thought. I had expected the fans to be the size of the one on my GTX 650:

muY4qlN.jpg

After an hour: (Bad pictures due to the fact that I couldnt fit the tripod in that space, and poor lighting)

qw4gx2Y.jpg

uykoUZd.jpg

lcYNHtT.jpg

View from the window, can't see any of the cables =D

5BAM02k.jpg

DS40fw0.jpg

sbswphG.jpg

Now the machine is more silent than ever.... except when you want it to sound like a 700km/h monorail (Just turn up the GPU fan speed all the way and you should be good  ;) )