Samsung Launches 28-Inch 4K Monitor For $700

4960X
Samsung today announced the launch of the UD590 monitor, featuring Samsung's revolutionary UHD 4K display technology. The monitor's stunning screen offers the ultimate viewing experience for photo enthusiasts and visual professionals, such as graphic designers, architects and more.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2014/samsung-launches-28-inch-4k-monitor-for-700/

mother of god...that looks sexy!

Its fnny because I see 27 inch 1440p's from companies for that price.

Diamond 5 in League :)

They're slowly coming down in price. I like.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They're slowly coming down in price. I like.

me likey too

Diamond 5 in League :)

i want i want but 700 could get me a 780 ti... or a 780 and $200...

I was getting very excited for this, until I looked at the Newegg page for it.. 1ms GTG. Yep.. it's a TN panel..

Can we please get reasonably sized 4K IPS/PLS monitors for a reasonable price, somewhat soon?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

i want i want but 700 could get me a 780 ti... or a 780 and $200...

haha I know right. decisions decisions...

Keep that price coming down... And I might be able to afford a card that can handle that resolution :P 

No comments on how this isn't IPS yet? Surprising.

I personally don't mind that it isn't but I honestly can't afford a computer to drive 4k gaming anyway, I'll stick to trying to find a decent 1440p monitor after hearing you can basically use 720p upscaled, should work out nice with a budget gaming machine running lots of AA. And by "nice" I mean "as nice as a budget under USD 700 would allow"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Keep that price coming down... And I might be able to afford a card that can handle that resolution :P

The next generation of cards should be able to handle 4K reasonably well. I'm looking at you GTX880.

The next generation of cards should be able to handle 4K reasonably well. I'm looking at you GTX880.

Haha Hopefully. 

I bet one 880 will provide a satisfactory experience at best. You'll still need two of them, just like you need three 780s currently.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Unfortunately I want accurate color reproduction on my monitors so this will not do. =/

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Hey if they keep the performance ratios of the 750ti maxwell they might just be able to push em hard enough. Although I fear there's little reason for them to release such cards at this point, I mean we're a long way from 4k monitors being common place and AMD it's still playing catch up (granted their $ to performance on mid range products it's solid but we're talking flagship here) Nvidia would be better off not releasing maxwell yet since they could still keep up with most gaming needs.

Once 4k monitors are as common place or if AMD catches up to them more aggressively, then perhaps.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Unfortunately I want accurate color reproduction on my monitors so this will not do. =/

TN =/= bad 

Why all the hate for TN? I know it is inferior, but from the reviews ive seen it seems like this is better than most TN panels...

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

TN panels are much better than IPS panels for FPS games. TN panels are much faster at displaying frame rates than IPS panels so if you are into BF4/CSS/CS GO etc than TN panels will be better for you.

TN =/= bad 

How many TN panels have you seen that are 99.98% Adobe RGB certified? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

How many TN panels have you seen that are 99.98% Adobe RGB certified? 

So you're saying a panel is bad if it isn't 99.98% RGB certified?

So you're saying a panel is bad if it isn't 99.98% RGB certified?

Nope, I never said that. I never said TN panels are bad either.

I said:

In other words, TN panels don't reproduce colors as accurate as I'd like them to therefore not reaching my standards on image quality. 

In other words, TN panels don't reproduce colors as accurate as I'd like them to therefore not reaching my standards on image quality. 

But you have to remember that just because it's TN doesn't always mean it will have poor color reproduction. We've seen some great colors on TN panels, such as the BenQ 2420TE.

And besides, an MSRP of $700 for a 28" 4K monitor is a great deal, as long as retailers stay at that price. We're probably not going to see IPS 4K monitors at reasonable prices at any time soon, and with a launch of around now (Spring 2014), I think this is actually a good consideration for people with some money and the desire for 4K.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"