RTX 3080 underperforming?

RohaanHV

Hey guys!

I recently got an RTX 3080 Strix and i feel like it's underperforming. I play fortnite mainly and get about 180-220FPS but when i watch other people with 3080s they get 240FPS solid while streaming.

The rest of my specs are

3700x (custom loop)

B450-F asus motherboard

32gb ddr4 3600mhz

2tb WD black NVME

2tb WD black HDD

I've tried overclocking and reinstalling drivers.....

Better CPU perhaps, lower settings, both. You'll need to side-by-side the exact specs and settings to tell.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

what's the GPU usage?

what graphical setting did those streamer use?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

A better cpu might increase your performance if you think you might be bottlenecked, either way that's it

Also PLEASE DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy graphics cards now from scalper's, not only are you spending double or even TRIPLE the price ,your also encouraging their behavior , Unless you won the card, that's fine, just dont buy from scalper's these next few months

6 minutes ago, Shittygamingsince2009 said:

A better cpu might increase your performance if you think you might be bottlenecked, either way that's it

Also PLEASE DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy graphics cards now from scalper's, not only are you spending double or even TRIPLE the price ,your also encouraging their behavior , Unless you won the card, that's fine, just dont buy from scalper's these next few months

I placed an order on it in November at CC and it arrived a few weeks ago

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what's the GPU usage?

what graphical setting did those streamer use?

30-40% while streaming. They use Performance Mode, which is the lowest settings, same as me.

1 minute ago, RohaanHV said:

30-40% while streaming. They use Performance Mode, which is the lowest settings, same as me.

individual CPU thread usage?

leave msi afterburner or task manager (change graph to logical processor to see individual thread) open while you game

alt+tab, screenshot it and post it here

example:

Spoiler

image.png.13856b29f4a4aeb99dc6ccf45b18cf4d.png

i'm interested to see how much per thread the game is using, might be thread limited

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

individual CPU thread usage?

leave msi afterburner or task manager (change graph to logical processor to see individual thread) open while you game

alt+tab, screenshot it and post it here

example:

Hide contents

image.png.13856b29f4a4aeb99dc6ccf45b18cf4d.png

i'm interested to see how much per thread the game is using, might be thread limited

202424683_TaskManager2021-05-195_03_30PM.thumb.png.5be575eab14220916d8b33da15b205a1.png

202424683_TaskManager2021-05-195_03_30PM.thumb.png.5be575eab14220916d8b33da15b205a1.png

pretty high usage on the threads

not sure what CPU those streamers are using, or what FPS a 3700x is supposed to get in the game, but i would say this is probably your issue

also, 9.5MBps DL? running something in background?

Just now, Moonzy said:

pretty high usage on the threads

not sure what CPU those streamers are using, or what FPS a 3700x is supposed to get in the game, but i would say this is probably your issue

also, 9.5MBps DL? running something in background?

Yeah, I had Netflix running the background but FPS doesnt change whether netflix is running or not... So a new CPU would be the next upgrade then for better FPS in your opinion?

So a new CPU would be the next upgrade then for better FPS in your opinion?

i would wait for people more well versed about 3700x in fortnite to comment before concluding as such

also, is 180fps-220fps not enough? lol

I had Netflix running the background but FPS doesnt change whether netflix is running or not...

hard to say, CPU usage, decoding and what not -shrug-

20 minutes ago, Shittygamingsince2009 said:

if you had read the post you'd see he already has a card

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, RohaanHV said:

what cpus do they have

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

17 hours ago, RohaanHV said:

Hey guys!

I recently got an RTX 3080 Strix and i feel like it's underperforming. I play fortnite mainly and get about 180-220FPS but when i watch other people with 3080s they get 240FPS solid while streaming.

The rest of my specs are

3700x (custom loop)

B450-F asus motherboard

32gb ddr4 3600mhz

2tb WD black NVME

2tb WD black HDD

I've tried overclocking and reinstalling drivers.....

buys 3080 for fortnite, HAHAHA

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, aune said:

buys 3080 for fortnite, HAHAHA

Damm, what's wrong with that tho? Have you ever played competitive fortnite? have you ever seen how demanding it is??? On LOW settings in endgames most people get 15-45FPS and i stream, do graphic design and video editing. Fortnite is just the main VIDEO GAME i play....