hi my name is rohit and i want to make a minecraft server and i want the server (pc) to be under INR6000 (usd 82) is it possible?

it does not need to fancy just a boring pc i just want to play some minecraft and have fun with my friends

<-- Moved to Servers and NAS -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

it does not need to fancy just a boring pc

I literally just use a dell latitude e5510 that is 10 years old for my Minecraft server. I just had it lying around so I decided to use it. It came with 3 gigs of ram so I upgraded it to 8 gigs of ram. I am planning to put a ssd in the furture.

Really you could not get something like this for $80. You would just have to get something like it used. You do not really need that powerfull of a machine to run your minecraft server. I would recomend a ssd though. Sometimes there is lag and I have determined it is because of the HDD. 

So if you get a cheap computer there might be some lag in the server sometimes but for me it is fine.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

2 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

I literally just use a dell latitude e5510 that is 10 years old for my Minecraft server. I just had it lying around so I decided to use it. It came with 3 gigs of ram so I upgraded it to 8 gigs of ram. I am planning to put a ssd in the furture.

Really you could not get something like this for $80. You would just have to get something like it used. You do not really need that powerfull of a machine to run your minecraft server. I would recomend a ssd though. Sometimes there is lag and I have determined it is because of the HDD. 

So if you get a cheap computer there might be some lag in the server sometimes but for me it is fine.

is it ddr3 memory bc i have a ddr3 4gb ram stick

2 minutes ago, avg123 said:

tenor.gif.3effc2e8a4b217d07709a566c816e213.gif

i know it is not a product

For that price you are probably better off just renting a cheap minecraft server online, or running it off the computer you also use to play the game on, depending on how fast it is. 

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

For that price you are probably better off just renting a cheap minecraft server online, or running it off the computer you also use to play the game on, depending on how fast it is. 

but i have to pay every month

just buy any old used pc. make sure it has ethernet port.

7 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

is it ddr3 memory bc i have a ddr3 4gb ram stick

Its either ddr2 or ddr3 I can't remember which one.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

my grandfather was going to buy a new pc and give away his old pc but before he bought the new pc he died........

4 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

but i have to pay every month

Personally I think having your own server is a better value because for example a 4gb server on shockbyte hosting cost $10 a month which is a lot versus just having your own server. For my server is would cost $20 a month. 

2 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

Personally I think having your own server is a better value because for example a 4gb server on shockbyte hosting cost $10 a month which is a lot versus just having your own server. For my server is would cost $20 a month. 

i preordered the 24"  m1 imac (dont ask me why even i dont know why i pre ordered it) so i can use my omen laptop as a server but there is no way i am going to game in an imac

8 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

i preordered the 24"  m1 imac (dont ask me why even i dont know why i pre ordered it) so i can use my omen laptop as a server but there is no way i am going to game in an imac

You just need to find a old computer. My brother was able to find a Dell OptiPlex on Ebay for $150 that is able to play minecraft at 90 fps vs before him using a 2015 macbook that only got 30 fps. So if you could find a deal like that you could have a pretty good server better than mine. (the OptiPlex is better than my server).

If you are going to buy a computer go for something like a OptiPlex. I would not recommend buying anything else because you are not going to get as good as value buying something else.  

If you did not know OptiPlexes are old business PCS and what business have done is when they don't need them sold them for cheap just to get rid of them and people have sold them on Ebay. 

Edit: Look on ebay. Dell Optiplexes are sooooo cheap and so good value. 

3 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

You just need to find a old computer. My brother was able to find a Dell OptiPlex on Ebay for $150 that is able to play minecraft at 90 fps vs before him using a 2015 macbook that only got 30 fps. So if you could find a deal like that you could have a pretty good server better than mine. (the OptiPlex is better than my server).

If you are going to buy a computer go for something like a OptiPlex. I would not recommend buying anything else because you are not going to get as good as value buying something else.  

If you did not know OptiPlexes are old business PCS and what business have done is when they don't need them sold them for cheap just to get rid of them and people have sold them on Ebay. 

Edit: Look on ebay. Dell Optiplexes are sooooo cheap and so good value. 

the problem is i live in india and we dont have computer recycling places here so if we want to buy an old pc we need to go to a store (ebay does not deliver in south india) and our state is in lockdown so i cant go outside 😞

3 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

the problem is i live in india and we dont have computer recycling places here so if we want to buy an old pc we need to go to a store (ebay does not deliver in south india) and our state is in lockdown so i cant go outside 😞

I feel sorry for you... In that case just try to get a old computer from a friend or just try to find one used somewhere. 

1 minute ago, BoxTurtle said:

I feel sorry for you... In that case just try to get a old computer from a friend or just try to find one used somewhere. 

i am sorry if i am late in replying my classes are going on

26 minutes ago, rohit8000 said:

i am sorry if i am late in replying my classes are going on

you're fine