Best Way to use multiple devices with a soundbar

I was wondering what the easiest/best way would be to link up multiple devices to a sound bar, and be able to get outputs from these devices at the same time.

I want my xbox one, docked switch, pc, and tv to all be able to play through the sound bar, and in the case of the xbox and pc, or switch and pc, to play at the same time to accommodate my 3 monitors at once. Don't have a sound bar picked out yet, so I'm open to recommendations all the way around. Thank you in advanced! 

Connect all the devices to the TV? XBox, PC, Switch can output sound via HDMI to the TV which then passes it through to the soundbar?

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

1 minute ago, GrayTech said:

Connect all the devices to the TV? XBox, PC, Switch can output sound via HDMI to the TV which then passes it through to the soundbar?

Would this allow for multiple sources at one time? That's my biggest question to be honest. 

1 minute ago, ShortStackZach said:

outputs from these devices at the same time.

This is going past the realm of "sound bars". I think you'll want a small mixer to feed the soundbar.  You'll also need a way to get the sound channels from all the devices.  

Ideally, if its a modern HDMI enabled soundbar with CEC, you should be able to run all the devices into the soudbar. If you don't have enough ports, you could use an HDMI switch (they make powered ones with remotes). 

EDIT

Oh, you want them all to play at once? Yeah, you have to get creative with a mixer. May have to go with analog RCA for audio, as well. 

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

Ideally, if its a modern HDMI enabled soundbar with CEC, you should be able to run all the devices into the soudbar. If you don't have enough ports, you could use an HDMI switch (they make powered ones with remotes). 

EDIT

Oh, you want them all to play at once? Yeah, you have to get creative with a mixer. May have to go with analog RCA for audio, as well. 

Any recommendations for a mixer and analog RCA? By no means an audiophile so I'll using google as a crutch, but I figured asking my more general questions here is a safe bet.

14 minutes ago, ShortStackZach said:

Would this allow for multiple sources at one time? That's my biggest question to be honest. 

Only one, the one from the HDMI you have selected.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

You'll need hdmi audio extractors and cables and a mixer.  I've never had the need to run such a setup, usually just have amps for each but to keep budget down, you could try cheapies from amazon.  You'll then cables to go from the extractor to the mixer.  One I saw had 3.5mm and spdif connections, rca should be available.  

Look for a mixer that can accommodate your number of inputs and input type, making sure that you can simultaneously mix them to one out.  

The out goes in the soundbar and done.  You can now mix and listen to all of your devices at once, a real symphonic assault of technology no doubt.