I need help for my existing or new build

Hi,

I am currently in a dilemma. My mainboard stopped working. I don't know now whether I should buy a new mainboard or sell my cpu and ram. And then should buy a new cpu, ram and mainboard. Here are my specs:

i7 3770k

4x4gb ram

broken(fw status recovery error) lenovo oem mainboard

amd hd 7970 ghz edition

(not used) i5 3470

Corsair 650w power supply

Bequite pure base 500

It depends, how much do you want to spend on this? if you only want to spend $70 USD or less to get your system running just get the motherboard if you are willing to spend $300 to $500 get the new system.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

It could just need a firmware update or a new CMOS battery but its unlikely either one of these issues. Most likely the issue is gonna be with Intel ME/AMT. You can either disable this for permanently or try to reflash the BIOS. (neither one is guaranteed to work but might be worth a try) As Wh0 pointed out if you want to go the option route its kinda important to know your budget, and what your trying to accomplish with the system. Also the chip and RAM are gonna be a hard sell due to their age, and your probably best off letting people know your willing to part out if requested. (some people will still be interested in DDR3 RAM, probably less interest in the CPU)

1 hour ago, RAM555789 said:

It could just need a firmware update or a new CMOS battery but its unlikely either one of these issues. Most likely the issue is gonna be with Intel ME/AMT. You can either disable this for permanently or try to reflash the BIOS. (neither one is guaranteed to work but might be worth a try) As Wh0 pointed out if you want to go the option route its kinda important to know your budget, and what your trying to accomplish with the system. Also the chip and RAM are gonna be a hard sell due to their age, and your probably best off letting people know your willing to part out if requested. (some people will still be interested in DDR3 RAM, probably less interest in the CPU)

It is a ME/AMT Intel problem. And I can sell CPUs and RAM (with motherboard but nearly nothing)in germany for 150€. My question now is if it is better to buy a whole new system (only CPU, RAM and Motherboard)with nearly the same performance.

You could go for something like this 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor €158.02 @ Alza
Motherboard ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard €103.62 @ Amazon Deutschland
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory €81.89 @ Alternate
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €343.53
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-14 20:13 CEST+0200  

if that is too much then I would just replace the motherboard but the only problem is that you may run into a similar issue with a used motherboard shortly after you buy one as the motherboards that support 3rd gen i7 are fairly old at this point. 

Thanks for all your Posts. I will buy a new motherboard. And Overclock the i7 a Little bit.