CPU Constantly jumping clock speeds. Is there something wrong with my pc?

I dont know if this is an issue or not but every 1-2 seconds on a balanced power plan my cpu jumps to turbo speed. changing maximum processor state to 99 percent makes the same thing happen but instead it just keeps jumping to base clock speed rather than the turbo clock speed. So when it's enabled every couple of seconds it jumps to 4.28 and when disabled the base clock speed. This occurs even when Im just looking at my desktop and all I have open is this HWinfo64 to check it. It's an i7-8700(non-k) Is it normal to constantly jump up like this?

14 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

Is it normal to constantly jump up like this?

Depends on what you have installed and running, but mostly yes. Windows tends to do all sorts of things in the background.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Depends on what you have installed and running, but mostly yes. Windows tends to do all sorts of things in the background.

It's pretty much just a fresh install of windows with msi afterburner, discord hwinfo64 and just one tab with google chrome.

15 hours ago, Stellarisk said:

balanced power plan

If you do not want your CPU to slow down when lightly loaded, use the Windows high performance power plan. 

The non K CPUs are designed to continuously vary their speed based on how many cores are active. Sounds like your CPU is working as intended.