Warranty of GPU from prebuilt PC

xxx68

Hello, If I buy prebuilt PC , keep only the GPU and sell the rest. How is it with warranty ? Would gpu still keep the warranty if I have original receipt ? Or is it neccessary to keep whole pc ? Thanks

I'm guessing they need the whole unit back.

My experience with gpus is if you stress test it for 2-4 days and it survives, it'll usually last a while.

My most reliable gpu brands have been Nvidia FE and EVGA.

Total junk I've had to deal with was PNY 

24 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

Hello, If I buy prebuilt PC , keep only the GPU and sell the rest. How is it with warranty ? Would gpu still keep the warranty if I have original receipt ? Or is it neccessary to keep whole pc ? Thanks

99% of the time the company needs the whole product, you can always ask their support if they don't, rather than asking here tbh. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

58 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

My experience with gpus is if you stress test it for 2-4 days and it survives, it'll usually last a while.

This is why I never bother to get any extended warranties anymore. 100% of the components I have lasted a several years under normal and proper conditions. Not counting the bronze power supplies that burned out because I used +70% of the power for too long of a duration.

We don't know where you bought it from or what prebuilt you have. It's more than likely you will need to return the complete system, because they wouldn't know if you made the correct assumption that it was the GPU that was not working. Even if you told them you only have GPU perhaps they could ask you send the entire system knowing you won't be able to meet their demands. Some places will not accept returns after the case has been opened because policies changed after the pandemic. Don't buy extended warranties if you plan to resell parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W