Please help me choose the right UPS

Hi, So I'm from India and the place where I stay we have at least 4-5 instances of power outage each day, its super unpredictable. I mainly use my PC (Ryzen 9 3900, 2070 Super, 32GB RAM) for video editing and motion graphics. Initially I got a 600VA UPS to go along with the setup and it just wont hold. If I have after effects and there is a power cut, the system just shuts down completely. I lose all the work and also I'm scared that such shut downs might harm the components(I'm not sure). I did some online reading and realized that I need something called an "On-line UPS", now the ones available in India are either way too expensive or way too loud (that's what I got from some of the amazon reviews) to be used in the same room(they are mostly server/cctv room UPSs). Right now I have everything including two  24 Inch 60Hz monitors connected to the same UPS. Whenever I'm not using After effects/premiere and say I'm watching a video on YouTube, the UPS usually holds up, it gives me 15-20 mins backup to safely shut down. I was wondering if instead of a full fledged On-line UPS, what if I get another say 1000VA ups and hook just the tower to that and leave the monitor and speakers with the old 600VA one. Will it hold up in case of an outage? Especially if I'm exporting something. I don't want it to stay on and finish the export, just 5-10 mins, enough for me to cancel the export and shut down the system. 

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

Online or offline shouldn't matter, but you need way more than 600VA to power your system with 2 monitors at full load. A 600VA rated UPS can be only 350W which you're going to exceed. 

First thing would be to meausre your total system draw, then look at UPSes that can supply that much (W, not VA) then check runtime.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Online or offline shouldn't matter, but you need way more than 600VA to power your system with 2 monitors at full load. A 600VA rated UPS can be only 350W which you're going to exceed. 

First thing would be to meausre your total system draw, then look at UPSes that can supply that much (W, not VA) then check runtime.

Hi thanks for the reply, From the newegg calculator it seems like I need something above 504W. There is a 650W UPS available, so would it work fine if I just get that and hook just the tower to it and leave the rest as it is?

That kind of UPS is not meant for long runtime, usually only for saving current task before shutdown / hibernation.

10-15 minutes is just about right for 600va with 200-300w load. If you need more get a bigger battery.

I would connect only the main monitor to the ups and the secondary to the wall to lessen the load.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

yeah also long for a longer time, its just going to be really expensive.

*buys generator or solar power hooked up to battery or something*

9 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

yeah also long for a longer time, its just going to be really expensive.

*buys generator or solar power hooked up to battery or something*

Yes, if you need longer, a small diesel power is cheaper than a big UPS.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w