HELP, Windows won’t install

I just got done swapping my motherboard into my new system, i kept my old hdd and ssd. the ssd has windows 10 pro on it and everything i should need to be able to run windows, but it won’t boot up with windows and only stays on the bios screen. i tried using a flash drive with windows media on it and tried to install it again to my ssd or hdd but it won’t let me do that either because i need a “GPT disk” does anyone know how to help or anything?

1 minute ago, aidenborg said:

I just got done swapping my motherboard into my new system, i kept my old hdd and ssd. the ssd has windows 10 pro on it and everything i should need to be able to run windows, but it won’t boot up with windows and only stays on the bios screen. i tried using a flash drive with windows media on it and tried to install it again to my ssd or hdd but it won’t let me do that either because i need a “GPT disk” does anyone know how to help or anything?

Go into your bios and set the boot priority to your SSD. Should fix your issue 

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

take note @aidenborg, you might need to reinstall drivers after booting into windows

It's because the existing installation is MBR which is what the C drive was formatted with when BIOS was in legacy mode with the old motherboard. Newer motherboards default to UEFI boot mode which requires the C drive to be formatted in GPT.

Just go in the BIOS and change the boot mode to "Legacy" or CSM mode

You may need to change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and/or select the SSD as primary boot device.

If you are unable to reinstall Windows you may need to open a command prompt window, open diskpart and issue the clean command on the disk that you want to install Windows on. *NOTE that this will erase everything on the drive. You would do this while reinstalling Windows. I don't remember how to open a command prompt window during Windows reinstall, but you can Google it.

28 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

i have an msi motherboard and i can’t seem to find anywhere on how to put ssd in the boot priority

14 minutes ago, BecauseRussia said:

You may need to change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and/or select the SSD as primary boot device.

If you are unable to reinstall Windows you may need to open a command prompt window, open diskpart and issue the clean command on the disk that you want to install Windows on. *NOTE that this will erase everything on the drive. You would do this while reinstalling Windows. I don't remember how to open a command prompt window during Windows reinstall, but you can Google it.

do you know how i could do that with msi motherboard?, i can’t seem to figure it out

1 minute ago, aidenborg said:

i have an msi motherboard and i can’t seem to find anywhere on how to put ssd in the boot priority

Look up your motherboard and model number on YouTube fallowed by set boot priority or just find a similar one fro around the same year on YouTube and the bios will likely be similar if not identical. It’s usually under attached drives, attached devices, devices, or drives, something along those lines

2 minutes ago, aidenborg said:

do you know how i could do that with msi motherboard?, i can’t seem to figure it out

Depending on the bios you may need to go from simple bios over to advanced 

5 minutes ago, aidenborg said:

20210317_134758.thumb.jpg.2c66e0a6982ae3a29d09e499d2ae280c.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer