Not that expensive PC

Hi.
Just wanted to build a pc. I do not want to spend a million dollars, but I want something that can run new games with still some power to spare. So, I design this... I want to know, what things Am I overspending, where can I make it cheaper and where I need to change parts for better things. My budget limit is 1000 dollars, but hopefully I can spend less than that

It will be used mostly for gaming. I do not edit videos or anything like that. I have no clue what is a core. I came here because idk much about computers and I wanted people that know about this help me :D.

The parts i used was because i search like "what is a good cpu for a computer" or "How much memory is needed" and things like that xD

Captura.thumb.PNG.42159d6b81a338f0b00ee133506d63b6.PNG

Edit: So... I realized that my budget is around 1370 dollars rather than 1000 dollars. And I decided to make another list. and it went like this. 

719528226_megaPC.thumb.png.8e0abe15504e1d382292bab1959ea89e.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-24 133708.png

good for having a list.

but used for what?

a cpu more dedicated with a lot of cores or gaming or both?

Also GPU will be the worst offender no matter what you do for quite a while, unless you find something.

motherboards might come with some programs, and I would never want to use the dreaded McAfee.

Drop the processor down a tier, get 3600mhz ddr4, aim for a slightly higher wattage psu for a bit more upgrade headroom, otherwise good choices.

on the gpu side, don’t even bother buying anything new if you have a budget like this, look for a 980ti or something on eBay 

With the integrated Xe graphics, you can do some light gaming and hold out for GPU prices to return to sanity. I kept your choice of monitor, but got rid of McAfee. You don't really need separate antivirus for Windows, and even if you do get one, McAfee would be the absolute last thing to get.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($254.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($31.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B560M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($112.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $775.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-05 20:53 EDT-0400

I would hold out on a GFX card if you can and buy a windows key off one of those software key website that are always getting advertised 

8 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

With the integrated Xe graphics, you can do some light gaming and hold out for GPU prices to return to sanity. I kept your choice of monitor, but got rid of McAfee. You don't really need separate antivirus for Windows, and even if you do get one, McAfee would be the absolute last thing to get.

I would get the 11500 for its integrated graphics which can actually give playable framerates in many games.

19 hours ago, ReallyCoolName said:

Hi.
Just wanted to build a pc. I do not want to spend a million dollars, but I want something that can run new games with still some power to spare. So, I design this... I want to know, what things Am I overspending, where can I make it cheaper and where I need to change parts for better things. My budget limit is 1000 dollars, but hopefully I can spend less than that

It will be used mostly for gaming. I do not edit videos or anything like that. I have no clue what is a core. I came here because idk much about computers and I wanted people that know about this help me :D.

The parts i used was because i search like "what is a good cpu for a computer" or "How much memory is needed" and things like that xD

Captura.PNG

Quite a few swaps I'd recommend:

CPU - Ryzen7 3700X is really solid, but will be slight overkill unless you're streaming.

I would recommend either reducing the CPU slightly (Ryzen 5 3600 is still strong enough for most 2021 gaming) OR even better - getting one of the CPU's with integrated graphics like a Ryzen 5 3500G or look on eBay for something like a Ryzen 7 4750G (very similar performance to a 3700X, but with the integrated graphics and a similar price!) or even better the 5700G which should be available soon... main reason for recommending the Ryzen 7 "G" processors is that they have slightly better integrated graphics.

Motherboard = solid choice. Consider B450's from Asrock / ASUS at similar prices if you can't find that one.

Memory - aim for DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, possibly 3600Mhz, but bear in mind that if you keep the price the same you'll probably end up with CL18 (I normally find the Corsair Vegeance LPX is the sweet spot of budget + performance)

Storage - aim for an NVME (M.2) that will slot straight on the motherboard. Even the mid range ones have >2000Mb/sec read/write, compared to the very best SSD's that max out ~550Mb/sec. I'd recommend a Western Digital Blue SN550 as great performance for the budget - you'll probably get a 500Gb one for ~$50!

GPU - honestly, just wait: the recommendations for the Ryzen "G" CPU's are so you don't have to waste your money here. IF you can get a GTX1060 for ~$150, then go for it, but realistically you are likely to end of spending double that for a GTX1060 or ~$150 for a GTX1050Ti.... and although both of those are definitely better than the Vega11 (onboard graphics for AMD's), they are a silly premium.

The AMD CPU's with the "G" suffix indicates onboard graphics - they're very rare in the US and slightly lower spec than their equivalent CPU's, but only by a few percent... and even the 3rd gen Ryzen "APU's" (CPU with integrated graphics) DOUBLE the speed of the latest 11th gen iGPU's - for example a Ryzen 5 3400G vs an i7 11700k:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-UHD-Graphics-750-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/m1498842vsm401440

You're only aiming for 1080P and you can always run at mid-detail levels until the graphics cards come down in price.

Rest of the spec seems fine, just don't install McAfee... 99% of McAfee installs are from prebuilds.... nobody actually buys it or installs it willingly. 

My workstation/gamer: Ryzen9 5900X@5Ghz, AC Freezer2 280mm AIO, ASUS TUF X570PRO, RTX3080Ti FE, 32Gb TridentZ DDR4-3600C14, M.2 1Tb WDSN850, M.2 1Tb WDSN550, 2x 8Tb WD80EFAX, Corsair HX850, LianLi O11 Air Mini + 3x NF-A14's, Gigabyte M27Q (27"/1440P/170Hz), Asus PA248 (24"/1200P/60Hz), Dell WFP2408 (24"/1200P/60Hz), G815 kbd, G502 mouse, Sony WH-H910N, ModMic Wireless.