I'm looking for a 4K blu-ray player...

... and the consensus seems to be that the Sony UBP-X700 is the one to go for. Do you guys concur or should I look at other options? 

And please no suggestions about getting a console. I would like a dedicated player. 

13 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

... and the consensus seems to be that the Sony UBP-X700 is the one to go for. Do you guys concur or should I look at other options? 

And please no suggestions about getting a console. I would like a dedicated player. 

I'm confused though, why does a console not count as a dedicated player?

That unit you linked has has an MSRP of £199, on eBay right now you can get a refurbished Xbox One X for £219 which will play all your movies plus you get an entire Xbox for an extra £20.

There's a reason why you see the same suggestions made over and over again and its usually because something makes much more sense than the alternatives.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm confused though, why does a console not count as a dedicated player?

That unit you linked has has an MSRP of £199, on eBay right now you can get a refurbished Xbox One X for £219 which will play all your movies plus you get an entire Xbox for an extra £20.

By dedicated I mean an actual player, not a console. Consoles are not dedicated players, they're multi-purpose. Video games, Internet, Etc. I'd rather have something that more or less is just for movies, such as a Blu-ray Player. That and I don't want to teach my parents how to use a controller or an Xbox. I know I could buy a TV style remote, but I'd rather not. I already have an X.B.O.X. as well, but it's downstairs with me in the basement and I'd rather not have to move it every time someone wants to watch a bluray.

I'm actually now rethinking buying a Bluray player and instead just getting an HTPC to store movies from online. Most movies are released digitally now. 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

By dedicated I mean an actual player, not a console. Consoles are not dedicated players, they're multi-purpose. Video games, Internet, Etc. I'd rather have something that more or less is just for movies, such as a Blu-ray Player.

couldnt you just use the xbox for movies and not use any of the other stuff? plus look at what you get for an extra $20: a full console.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

32 minutes ago, mon1ka said:

couldnt you just use the xbox for movies and not use any of the other stuff? plus look at what you get for an extra $20: a full console.

I've already said I don't need a console. I already have one. 

11 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I've already said I don't need a console. I already have one. 

Then couldnt you just use your current console as a bluray player? 

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

7 hours ago, mon1ka said:

Then couldnt you just use your current console as a bluray player? 

I already have an X.B.O.X. as well, but it's downstairs with me in the basement and I'd rather not have to move it every time someone wants to watch a bluray.