Choosing Graphic card for Water-cooling

marcoleite

Hi guys,

I am trying to line up a build which I need to get done quickly.    
I want to eventually water cool my system with a custom loop. 
(Initially I will kept it on air, because I need it done and running quickly)

I have two options for cards, do you know if there are any waterblock for these cards??

1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC - 12GB
2 - Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC - 12GB

I know that there would be better options to spend my money if I had time.
But these are the options I have and I have to play with them.
Thank you in advance to everyone.

I don't think they even make waterblocks for the 3060 yet. Besides why would you watercool a 3060? It would cost hundreds, just spend the money on a better card. 

Thank you for you reply.

The goal is to get at least a 3090, but I can't speed 3k on a GPU right now.

I am trying to get the best result between performance and silence, loads of fans running at low rpms and watercooled should do the trick for me.

The 3060 is what I can find now that is acceptable in performance/price.

if you want a 3090 eventually you're better off just saving your time and money till you can score one at MSRP the get a block for that. WC a 3060 is a waste of money, yes you'll get better performance with any WC card over its air variant but when a waterblock is about the same price for a 3060 and a 3090 you should just wait till you can get the card you want instead of settling for a crappy version now. Hell put eh money you have for a 3060 and invest it till you can get a 3090 then pull it out and you'll have made a few bucks in the meantime

*I'm not a financial advisor this is just my opinion on my investments*

Have you ever watercooled before? I believe there is some value in the experience of watercooling a 3060 and the rest of the system if you're a first timer. Plus its just a lot of fun planning it all out, etc. You could slap an inexpensive block on it and make sure a fan is keeping the VRM and the memory cool. If you're willing to spend that much on a 3060 that you don't really want, maybe another $50 for a block to cover the GPU die isn't so bad, when you consider the value of the time and experience getting it all up and running.

When you're ready to put a 3090 (or better) in the system, maybe you need to replace some hose and fluid, ready to go with the experience you've already earned.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - NH-D14

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB (4 x 3800 14-15-15-35-50-1T)

GPU: Nvidia Reference GTX Titan X

13 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

if you want a 3090 eventually you're better off just saving your time and money till you can score one at MSRP the get a block for that. WC a 3060 is a waste of money, yes you'll get better performance with any WC card over its air variant but when a waterblock is about the same price for a 3060 and a 3090 you should just wait till you can get the card you want instead of settling for a crappy version now. Hell put eh money you have for a 3060 and invest it till you can get a 3090 then pull it out and you'll have made a few bucks in the meantime

*I'm not a financial advisor this is just my opinion on my investments*

Thanks for your suggestion... after thinking about it overnight, this is what I am gonna do.
In a fase 1 I am gonna keep the system air cooled.
Once the 3090's become available and I am ready to invest in one if I really need it. I will watercool the system.
This sounds like the smart money choise

13 hours ago, Motleyguts said:

Have you ever watercooled before? I believe there is some value in the experience of watercooling a 3060 and the rest of the system if you're a first timer. Plus its just a lot of fun planning it all out, etc. You could slap an inexpensive block on it and make sure a fan is keeping the VRM and the memory cool. If you're willing to spend that much on a 3060 that you don't really want, maybe another $50 for a block to cover the GPU die isn't so bad, when you consider the value of the time and experience getting it all up and running.

When you're ready to put a 3090 (or better) in the system, maybe you need to replace some hose and fluid, ready to go with the experience you've already earned.

No I haven't... I have "planned" the loop and the materials with a little room for error ( and alot of room for error in tube) and I have reviewed the plan at least 3 or 4 times.
Even though I think you have a really valid point, *Experience is very important*, I think I am gonna stick to air cooled until I do the GPU update.
I believe this will be scary because it can become really expensive really quick, but it will be fun over anything. Besides the fact that I will get to look everyday at something that I build and love :)

I went with the TUF and I might keep this air cooled for now.

Thanks guys.