Gtx 1060 no output detected

MynameisBop

I just bought a gtx1060 as my old rx480 8gb was dying and im just getting no output detected on my monitor.

Im running a ryzen 1600x 

24gb ram

Corsair 550w psu

128gb m.2 bootdrive and 2x 2tb hdd 

Ive tried reseating it and the other gpu pcie slot on my mobo but nothing has worked and ive been waiting ages for this card so I'm really hoping i don't have to return it

3 hours ago, MynameisBop said:

I just bought a gtx1060 as my old rx480 8gb was dying and im just getting no output detected on my monitor.

Im running a ryzen 1600x 

24gb ram

Corsair 550w psu

Ive tried reseating it and the other gpu pcie slot on my mobo but nothing has worked and ive been waiting ages for this card so I'm really hoping i don't have to return it

Unless the card is defect it should work. Try it on another system if possible.
Else if you have any other spare card, try updating windows!

I've had a problem where an older version of windows 10 just refused to show video output with a GTX 1060 6GB.
After reinstalling windows to the newest version it worked just fine. (It was faster to reinstall as we were swapping onto SSD instead of his ancient HDD which windows was on).

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

7 hours ago, MynameisBop said:

Im running a ryzen 1600x 

24gb ram

Corsair 550w psu

Did you confirm the card was working when you purchased it?

My first thought would also be to try it on another system, if possible.

Another thing you can try is a different output type. [If using DVI, try HDMI, or vice versa]

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.