70% cpu and gpu

Yorick01

Hello,

So I was checking how much fps I had and how much the cpu and gpu where being used. Those where both being used around 70%. I wonder why its not at 90%-100% because now it seems like not all the pc resources are being used? Anyone knows why this is?

Thnx for the answers already!

Edit:

My specs are i7 6700k 32gb ram and a gtx 1070

what game?

assuming you have all versions of v-sync off?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what game?

assuming you have all versions of v-sync off?

Im playing battlefield v on 1440p with settings on medium and high

1 minute ago, Yorick01 said:

Im playing battlefield v on 1440p with settings on medium and high

set all the settings to high and the resolution higher and something will hit 100%

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You don't want usage to be pinned at 100%. That leads to stutter and lags as the system tries to keep up with the overbearing load. If you get good FPS and fluid movement in game then everything is working as it should be.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Well there are 2 reasons of the opposite side of the spectrum - either you have a well balanced system OR something is bottlenecking so hard, both of them can't reach full potential. 

There is also the other thing called game engine. Each and every game has a different amount of optimisation, that's why modern games have such HUGE differences in both quality and performance. You wanna see the GPU struggle - launch Cyberpunk 2077 in 1440p with everything at max and DSR factor of 1.50x native resolution and the poor GTX 1070 would be begging to be relieved of its misery. Wanna see the CPU torture itsel - durn all details to LOW and resolution to 720p and watch it struggling to keep up with the FPS demand.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |