Buying a new PSU and need some advice please.

I live in Europe and ordered a Corsair AX1000 by my local retailer. but now i got word that the product is no longer available with the supplier after two months.

I chose this PSU for the Watts i needed and with some extra capacity, and chose for a 80 PLUS Titanium because the pc will be on for extended time.

and I thought that it was a digital power supply was not sure as well as the prize a the time and future proofing.

Now i'm torn between three PSU that are available by my local retailer for almost the same prize.

Corsair HX1200i - 1200 Watts 80 PLUS Platinum 

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 - 1200 Watts  80 PLUS Titanium

Seasonic Prime TX-1000 - 1000 Watts 80 PLUS Titanium

Please some advice which is the better choice to get.

for a Gaming/Workstation PC

Ryzen 5800x

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570

RTX3080 suprim x

Gskill 32 GB

Corsair 5000D airflow case

Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix

Corsair QL 120 case fans

1 minute ago, GundamMasterRyu said:

I live in Europe and ordered a Corsair AX1000 by my local retailer. but now i got word that the product is no longer available with the supplier after two months.

I chose this PSU for the Watts i needed and with some extra capacity, and chose for a 80 PLUS Titanium because the pc will be on for extended time.

and I thought that it was a digital power supply was not sure as well as the prize a the time and future proofing.

Now i'm torn between three PSU that are available by my local retailer for almost the same prize.

Please some advice which is the better choice to get.

for a Gaming/Workstation PC

Ryzen 5800x

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570

RTX3080 suprim x

Gskill 32 GB

Corsair 5000D airflow case

Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix

Corsair QL 120 case fans

Any reason why you want 1000w and 1200w psus? Way overkill for what you have. Check out the adata core reactor 750w gold, see how much that is. I'd also recommend checking out the Corsair RMx 750w/850w, perhaps the enermax revolution D.F 850w. The core reactor in the uk goes for really cheap, not sure how it is in the rest of europe. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

The Seasonic would be my choice.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

The Seasonic would be my choice.

Of course it is, YouTube talking heads can't be wrong ! /s

5 hours ago, GundamMasterRyu said:

I chose this PSU for the Watts i needed and with some extra capacity

Are you sure you want to pay twice more for the wattage you wouldn't use ?

and chose for a 80 PLUS Titanium because the pc will be on for extended time.

I don't see the correlation.

Out of these three, definitely not Seasonic, it has worse fan and it's not multi rail which matters if you actually need 1.2kW PSU. Whether to go for Corsair or bqt i'm not sure, personally i'd probably just go for cheaper one. If i were choosing between these and needed 1.2kW PSU ... But again, you probably don't, a good 850W PSU would suffice.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

18 hours ago, Juular said:

Of course it is, YouTube talking heads can't be wrong ! /s

Since you just had to go and refer to me as just another random YouTube talking head, Too bad for you I'm not one of those.

Bones`s SuperPi - 32M score: 9min 50sec 391ms with a FX-8320

And this is the absolute WR at this time for a benchmark run that's ever been done for sheer CPU speed in MHz.

Bones`s SuperPi - 1M score: 9sec 594ms with a FX-8320

I don't have to think about what it takes to get there, I already know..... Because I've already done it. 
BTW when you can catch me, we'll talk about it but know up front I'm not one of those YouTube "Heads" you refer to.
And I did all that with a Hercules 1600W PSU.

I'll take a Seasonic PSU any day of the week too over the others.
Any questions?
I'll be here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

23 hours ago, GundamMasterRyu said:

and I thought that it was a digital power supply

It's not. The AX1000 is made by Seasonic for Corsair and is based on the prime 1000w titanium, which is an analogue design, with a few changes to meet Corsair's design specs. 

If you want a fully digital power supply with software monitoring then you'll need the AX1600i, though if you just want the software monitoring then any of Corsair's i series PSUs; the RMi, HXi, AXi. The be quiet dark power Pro uses digital controllers but doesn't have software monitoring.

Are you looking for a PSU on a digital platform with digital controllers or are you after software monitoring so you can see things like how much power the system is drawing in real time, fan speed, temperature, etc? 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, GundamMasterRyu said:

Of those options the Corsair HX1200i is an analogue PSU which has a digital controller that reads PSU information and reports it to the system to be displayed in software (iCue). This gives it digital monitoring. It is has selectable multi rail/single rail modes which can be toggled and adjusted in software.

The Dark power Pro uses a digital design to help improve performance (of the PSU) and efficiency, but does not have software monitoring. The dark power pro is a multi rail power supply with a jumper cable to enable "overclocking mode" (single rail).

The Seasonic prime titanium is an analogue design and does not have monitoring. It is single rail only.

12 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I'll take a Seasonic PSU any day of the week too over the others.
Any questions?
I'll be here.

Unless you somehow ran SuperPi on the power supply itself I'm not seeing the relevance of a CPU benchmark in deciding which PSU to buy. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

For any daily use any of the three will do just fine but an opinion was asked for by the OP and I gave it.
However the remark in response was of a condescending nature, my preference is as stated out of the three and I had merely said as much.

The point for me is I know out of the three, the Seasonic (To me at least) would most likely be the best pick, please note I said "Most Likely", not that it actually would be.
However with what I can do, I know enough about PSU's and you can't do like I do by just picking something at random off the shelf and expect to get it, you have to know at least something about them to make a good choice regardless of intended useage.

And that goes to your point - I have to agree and you do make a good one, benchmarks for most here well....
May or may not matter for a choice of a PSU, depending on the individual. 😎

5 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Since you just had to go and refer to me as just another random YouTube talking head, Too bad for you I'm not one of those.

I wasn't referring to you, i was referring to the source of this 'Seasonic is the best' sentiment. Neither my intention was to offend, i was simply sarcastic.

5 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Sorry, i don't see what a CPU benchmark or your experience with overclocking has to do with the PSU choice, regardless of if you've done it on the Seasonic PSU or not (but it sounds especially weird if not).

The point for me is I know out of the three, the Seasonic (To me at least) would most likely be the best pick, please note I said "Most Likely", not that it actually would be.
However with what I can do, I know enough about PSU's

Perhaps you don't know enough, sorry.

First and foremost issue - the complete lack of attention to the problem with RTX3080/3090 GPUs and their Prime (and potentially Focus too) 750/850W PSUs. Whereas most other 750/850W PSUs work fine, their don't. You can blame nVidia on that but when the literal half of their lineup doesn't work with the up-to-date GPUs i can't call them as company or their PSUs 'best'.

Second, despite their marketing materials, the fan controller they're using seems to lack hysteresis (or have it misconfigured) since there are reports about fans in their PSUs (Core specifically) constantly starting and stopping.

Third, their high-end PSUs use Hong Hua FDB fans which by itself isn't bad but it seems like they're doing something wrong since there a lot of reports of noisy fans out of the box, might be related to the driver IC (or a variety of them) they're using since the very same fans (with different IC) works fine in Corsair RM-x. The fact that their Prime lineup uses same fans while being priced considerably above competition which often uses better fans, doesn't help.

Fourth, all their PSUs are single-rail, even high-end high-wattage ones. Sure, keeps it simple for the end user, but simultaneously robs them of a possibility to chose out of simplicity of single rail and or having an additional layer of protection with multi-rail OCP.

Now, i may sound like i hate Seasonic and their products or smth, i'm not. I'm recommending their products when they're priced competitively, namely Focus lineup and rebranded alternatives are often in a very good position. And i love how they're ones of the few brands that got rid of Y-split PCIe cables (along with be quiet!) on Prime lineup only but still. I just assess their products objecively. There are other OEMs and brands, with products matching and even beating Seasonic products in all aspects.

You may say 'but Seasonic makes their own PSUs, therefore they're inherently better!', no, it's not how it works, besides, they don't make their own PSUs, they assemble them, all the components and even PCB are outsourced, just like with all other OEMs. Sure, the design is their own, but literally any other good OEM designs their products themselves too. CWT, Great Wall, Sirfa, Enhance, HEC all manufacture and sell PSUs under their own brands, that's literally what OEM means, they just don't pour money in marketing campaigns on YT. But long as the brand that outsources production of their PSUs controls every stage of it's production to make sure that the end product matches their specifications and quality is consistent, there's nothing inherently wrong with not manufacturing PSUs themselves.

So no, Seasonic isn't 'likely the best pick' just because it's Seasonic.

May or may not matter for a choice of a PSU, depending on the individual. 😎

The product is the same regardless of the individual.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

I wasn't referring to you, i was referring to the source of this 'Seasonic is the best' sentiment. Neither my intention was to offend, i was simply sarcastic.

It certainly seemed like it in the wording used but it's cool - Apology accepted. 😎

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Perhaps you don't know enough, sorry.

First and foremost issue - the complete lack of attention to the problem with RTX3080/3090 GPUs and their Prime (and potentially Focus too) 750/850W PSUs. Whereas most other 750/850W PSUs work fine, their don't. You can blame nVidia on that but when the literal half of their lineup doesn't work with the up-to-date GPUs i can't call them as company or their PSUs 'best'.

Second, despite their marketing materials, the fan controller they're using seems to lack hysteresis (or have it misconfigured) since there are reports about fans in their PSUs (Core specifically) constantly starting and stopping.

Third, their high-end PSUs use Hong Hua FDB fans which by itself isn't bad but it seems like they're doing something wrong since there a lot of reports of noisy fans out of the box, might be related to the driver IC (or a variety of them) they're using since the very same fans (with different IC) works fine in Corsair RM-x. The fact that their Prime lineup uses same fans while being priced considerably above competition which often uses better fans, doesn't help.

Fourth, all their PSUs are single-rail, even high-end high-wattage ones. Sure, keeps it simple for the end user, but simultaneously robs them of a possibility to chose out of simplicity of single rail and or having an additional layer of protection with multi-rail OCP.

Now, i may sound like i hate Seasonic and their products or smth, i'm not. I'm recommending their products when they're priced competitively, namely Focus lineup and rebranded alternatives are often in a very good position. And i love how they're ones of the few brands that got rid of Y-split PCIe cables (along with be quiet!) on Prime lineup only but still. I just assess their products objecively. There are other OEMs and brands, with products matching and even beating Seasonic products in all aspects.

You may say 'but Seasonic makes their own PSUs, therefore they're inherently better!', no, it's not how it works, besides, they don't make their own PSUs, they assemble them, all the components and even PCB are outsourced, just like with all other OEMs. Sure, the design is their own, but literally any other good OEM designs their products themselves too. CWT, Great Wall, Sirfa, Enhance, HEC all manufacture and sell PSUs under their own brands, that's literally what OEM means, they just don't pour money in marketing campaigns on YT. But long as the brand that outsources production of their PSUs controls every stage of it's production to make sure that the end product matches their specifications and quality is consistent, there's nothing inherently wrong with not manufacturing PSUs themselves.

So no, Seasonic isn't 'likely the best pick' just because it's Seasonic.

Thing here is the OP's question was about a 1000W - 1200W PSU, nothing along the lines of a 750-850W PSU.

The PSU's asked about aren't the same as the ones you named by wattage capacity - I'm not saying there isn't or coudn't be a problem, it's just based on the OP's actual question and what's quoted above, we're talking about two different tier levels of PSUs here.

And I do agree - Just because it's a Seasonic doesn't automaticaly mean it's either good or bad, each maker will sooner or later make their own turd model, that's just how it goes.
In my eyes however, over 15+ years of doing what I do and having bought many PSU's over the years, Seasonic (To me) out of all named gives the best chance to get a good one.

It all goes back to the OP's question and my answer, which was what I said, nothing more. 

On 4/21/2021 at 3:10 AM, GundamMasterRyu said:

out of these three. the Prime TX-1000 is just not as good as the other two options. It is also not digital, nor does it have any monitoring functionality. 

The DPP 12 would afaik be the best option out of the three, being a very nice Digital PSU. 

Depending on how much cheaper the HX1200i is, i would also consider that one. Afaik not as good as the DPP 12, but you do get monitoring functionality. 

55 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Thing here is the OP's question was about a 1000W - 1200W PSU, nothing along the lines of a 750-850W PSU.

there may have been some reports that 1000w Prime units may have tripped, hence its relevant. Also, singlerail for 1000w is dumb. 

56 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Seasonic (To me) out of all named gives the best chance to get a good one.

Question: why roll dice? you can just get the known best unit. In this case, not the Prime. and untill Seasonic starts doing digital units with Multirail (they are relativly small, so its gonna be a while unless they outsource it) they rarely will be the best option (ignoring price). (tho offcourse pricing does matter, some Focus units (rebrands or otherwise) are priced very nicely in some regions).

29 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

and untill Seasonic starts doing digital units with Multirail

I mean, whether they'll go for digital monitoring or not we'll see, i don't think there's something particularly difficult about that for their engineering team, it'll just add cost for already not quite competitively priced PSUs. But weirdly enough, they had multi-rail X-series and NZXT E based on Focus is multi-rail too, with digital monitoring at that (still analog platform). I imagine they're just riding along with that 'single, powerful rail' sentiment or perhaps just don't want to deal with not so bright customers sticking cables randomly until it fits without referring to rail configuration in the manual, not to mention that multi-rail adds cost for the design and thus potentially cuts margins. Still, no excuse not to make at least high-end high-wattages multi-rail models which they're perfectly capable of just to show that it's not a bad thing given their position of 'messiahs' in the PSUs market. They have showed 1.6kW prototype a while ago, if that thing will turn out single-rail that isn't going to end well.

26 minutes ago, Juular said:

They have showed 1.6kW prototype a while ago, if that thing will turn out single-rail that isn't going to end well.

They really do have to start moving to some sort of multirail/digital design in the future. And hopefully that prototype shows some plan for change. 

not that id expect them to make something aking to the Wentai, CWT or Flextronics design soon, but them charging what they do for their highest end units compared to what other offers is pretty "eh". Not alone in that regard, Superflower is also adamant on shipping singlerail units afaik.