Idea: LMG Creates a Cryptocurrency

Luke Ochoa
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

That sounds too complicated. Just buy LTT merch from lttstore.com. LTT gets support and you get some cool stuff.

What are your general thoughts on if LMG creates a cryptocurrency? Pro's and Con's? 

I think the only use case I could think of off the top of my head was one in which holders could vote (costing a certain number of coins) or submit news ideas (also costing a certain number of coins) for the TechLinked channel on a cyclical basis. Then, whoever's ideas were used gets paid out a portion of the coin pool determined by voting popularity. Further, a portion of the total coin pool goes back to LMG as a fee. This puts less of a reliance on YouTube monetization, sponsors, and other forms of income for LMG, thus allowing them to focus on creating the best content with less focus on the money. Don't get me wrong, they seriously do the best at their sponsorship disclaimers, and transparency with money. Logistically, this could be a nightmare to create and would be unreasonable to even attempt for all I know (which is not that much for the creation of a crypto). But I know I would buy the coin, not for the profits of it, but because of the people behind the coin.

I would like to hear y'all's thoughts on this matter (from people who know about this stuff way more then me).

Lastly, has this discussion been made before? if so, where?

Have a good day!

That sounds too complicated. Just buy LTT merch from lttstore.com. LTT gets support and you get some cool stuff.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Another idea : They don't do that and instead just keep focusing on LTTstore.com, by expanding what they sell to possibly include hardware outside of the VAG program.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

51 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yes agreed LTT Merch should be number one focus right now. Thank you for commenting! Have a good day.

54 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Another idea : They don't do that and instead just keep focusing on LTTstore.com, by expanding what they sell to possibly include hardware outside of the VAG program.

I like your idea a lot. Thanks for the idea. Have a good one!