Where to sell parts?

AHaskin14

I was inspired by Linus's statement during the February 14th WAN show in which he explained how he had built up his rig in high school. As soon as a new series would come out, or ideally before, he would trade off his gpu for example at a fairly low price so that he could get it out and get a new one. In my case, I have an MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr IV 2gb. Since im off to college this fall I want to make one more push to update my computer so it will last me a few years, and I would like to get a GTX 870 when they are available. that and I want to run Witcher 3 alright. So where would you guys reccomend I list the card? I suppose i could use the LTT Classifieds but things dont really seem to move on there. Ive never used ebay either but that would be my best bet. I unfortunatley dont have any of the packaging for the card so i figured $190-$200 would be a fair price.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

eBay is definitely the best. People tend not to care about original packaging too much. I sold my 670 without original packaging and got the same amount as ones with all the packaging were getting.

Maybe try craigslist, as sketchy as it might seem.

You could meet at a starbucks or somewhere else really, really public so you don't have to worry about packaging. Just a thought though. 

Otherwise, I'd say eBay or the Classifieds. 

//ccap

Maybe try craigslist, as sketchy as it might seem.

You could meet at a starbucks or somewhere else really, really public so you don't have to worry about packaging. Just a thought though.

Otherwise, I'd say eBay or the Classifieds.

My region is dominated by my beloved Dunkin Donuts. thanks for the help though ill probably try ebay.

eBay is definitely the best. People tend not to care about original packaging too much. I sold my 670 without original packaging and got the same amount as ones with all the packaging were getting.

do you think $200 would be a fair price?

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX

do you think $200 would be a fair price?

I wouldn't put it up for buy it now. Auction will normally get you more. I'd think that you can expect around $200 though. You could always put it up for $210 for a week or so and see if it sells, then put it for auction if it doesn't sell for that price. 

I wouldn't put it up for buy it now. Auction will normally get you more. I'd think that you can expect around $200 though. You could always put it up for $210 for a week or so and see if it sells, then put it for auction if it doesn't sell for that price. 

I had never planned on putting it up until the 800 series release. but thanks for the idea of pricing it a little over and wait ill probably try that.

eBay charged me 20€ on my auction of my 280X, which was 240€, because fuck me, that's why. Never sell stuff on ebay! I wanted to delete my ebay account ever since, but ofc you have to pay the bill first. i did that with pain, but they still won't let you delete your acc ONE MONTH after your last bill had been payed (until which you may have gotten another bill, and then another, so you can never delete your acc).

eBay are a bunch of cock suckers! Their platform is old and most stuff on there is rip off!

[\rant]

who cares...

Their platform is old and most stuff on there is rip off!

... You do realize that they don't list anything on their website right? It is community driven (mostly)

//ccap

eBay charged me 20€ on my auction of my 280X, which was 240€, because fuck me, that's why. Never sell stuff on ebay! I wanted to delete my ebay account ever since, but ofc you have to pay the bill first. i did that with pain, but they still won't let you delete your acc ONE MONTH after your last bill had been payed (until which you may have gotten another bill, and then another, so you can never delete your acc).

eBay are a bunch of cock suckers! Their platform is old and most stuff on there is rip off!

[\rant]

There's a 10% fee on all sales. It says so when you're signing up to sell. You don't get charged unless you sell things. eBay has its rules, it's really your fault for not reading them first. 

... You do realize that they don't list anything on their website right? It is community driven (mostly)

Doesn't change that most stuff is rip off.

There's a 10% fee on all sales. It says so when you're signing up to sell. You don't get charged unless you sell things. eBay has its rules, it's really your fault for not reading them first. 

True.

All in all, this doesn't make it a great place to sell stuff. plus they are my #1 spamer atm. I am sure you could switch that off, but i just want to delete my acc, that's all.

who cares...

True.

All in all, this doesn't make it a great place to sell stuff. plus they are my #1 spamer atm. I am sure you could switch that off, but i just want to delete my acc, that's all.

It's a bit weird that they won't let you delete your account. I've never tried to delete mine, so I'm not sure how any of that works. 

The 10% charge can be annoying, but it's the only real place to sell things securely. I don't trust things like craigslist as there's very little record of your sale/purchase, and people are more likely to scam you on there. 

True.

The things you are complaining about are all things you are made aware of when signing up. As for receiving emails from them, yes it can be turned off. I've been quite successful in buying and selling on eBay. I recently brought an i7 3770k, an Asus Z77 Sabertooth and 16GB of RAM for £200. I could sell that on for double it's price. It was from a reputable seller too. ;)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I would say eBay, then the classifieds here.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The things you are complaining about are all things you are made aware of when signing up. As for receiving emails from them, yes it can be turned off. I've been quite successful in buying and selling on eBay. I recently brought an i7 3770k, an Asus Z77 Sabertooth and 16GB of RAM for £200. I could sell that on for double it's price. It was from a reputable seller too. ;)

I got myself a GTX 580 for 120€. Buying on ebay is not the problem. :D

who cares...

I've sold everything from clothes to a Nexus 7 on eBay without troubles. I'd sell my tech on the classifieds but nothing ever moves there.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Here or ebay. Ebay is great, and if your well known, people will buy quite a bit off you.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Personally free market places work well, i know here in australia most regions have a buy/swap/sell page on facebook so that may also be an avenue to explore if you aren't on the hate zuckerburg train.

To address the issue with the classifieds the biggest issue i have noticed is the location difference in the user base, it really isnt worth the freight cost to buy on there and the majority of the items worth buying are in America. Though i guess the fact i am in Australia exacerbates that issue, I am sure the majority of people would fall over backwards if they knew what freight was worth here (let me assure you shipping anything here without parcel protection or postage insurance is a bad idea, the most reliable way to get anything from one place to another is to make friends with some of the heavy rig drivers and giving them cash to get it to where it needs to go (got a car shell from Cairns to Melbourne for $200 cash yet i pay almost the same to get a single rig worth of parts freighted to me through the proper channels). Don't even get me started on medical goods have delivered some 3kg boxes of pharmaceuticals a few hours drive each way and my cut was a little north of $600 and I get the small cut (roughly 15%) so you can do the math what companies pay to freight things express.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)