I need help with my new ssd

I installed an ssd in my pc and I have to hot swap sata drives my ssd is not recognize by my bios but it is recognized by windows 

4 minutes ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

I installed an ssd in my pc and I have to hot swap sata drives my ssd is not recognize by my bios but it is recognized by windows 

shouldnt really be possible, but in any case look at the labels in the bios. you might have to tweak a bit on the boot drives to see your ssd up there, but if windows detects your drive so does your bios

Just now, Haraikomono said:

shouldnt really be possible, but in any case look at the labels in the bios. you might have to tweak a bit on the boot drives to see your ssd up there, but if windows detects your drive so does your bios

I install my old hdd load up the boot menu then I swap drives when my pc is running and boot the old hdd but that is actually an ssd and it runs windows and is faster but it is like I have to trick it into booting i have updated my bios but still no luck it is a laptop btw

4 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Idk why or how but I just need my pc to work like I got this ssd yesterday my bios just said I have no hard drive

IMHO, hot swapping an SSD is against the law.  Really, doesn't "hot swapping" mean the drive(s) is powered when disconnected from the system?  Disconnecting a drive, whether it be an HDD or an SSD is just about the worst thing you can do with a drive other than beating it with a hammer.  Even when changing a regular light bulb is discouraged while the light is turned on.  The same thinking applies to any electrical device.

Good Luck.

51 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

IMHO, hot swapping an SSD is against the law.  Really, doesn't "hot swapping" mean the drive(s) is powered when disconnected from the system?  Disconnecting a drive, whether it be an HDD or an SSD is just about the worst thing you can do with a drive other than beating it with a hammer.  Even when changing a regular light bulb is discouraged while the light is turned on.  The same thinking applies to any electrical device.

Good Luck.

I know it is bad but at this moment that is the only way to use my pc 

Let me guess: you copied all the data from the HDD to the SSD? 

Did you bother making the SSD a bootable device?