Best psu for my setup?

bobzen
5 minutes ago, bobzen said:

Im able to find the ASUS ROG-THOR-1200P  - 1200W For $509 which is quite a lot. Do you know if this PSU have any bad history since i say someone saying you should stay away from thermaltake so i figued i would ask about this one before buying when its at such a high price 🙂 

ROG Thor is worse than the HX1200. 

its really just overpriced. 

if you want the best (on the consumer market):

Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W - Find den bedste pris på Prisjagt

Top 3 best PSU on the market more or less. depends how you count. 

Corsair AX1600i 1600W - Find den bedste pris på Prisjagt

Best PSU on the market, period

tho neither are really in stock. 

be quiet! Dark Power PRO 12 1200W Strømforsyning - 1200 Watt - 135 mm - 80 Plus Titanium certified (proshop.dk)

this has a decent while wait time. 2 weeks-ish

18 minutes ago, bobzen said:

Cant find the HX 1200 in stock anywhere in Denmark unless waiting like 2 months sadly 😕 Well guess im going with 1000W just hoping it's enough for overclocking and my system and it will be able to run it when overclocked.

1000w is plenty fine. you really dont need any more

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

ROG Thor is worse than the HX1200. 

its really just overpriced. 

if you want the best (on the consumer market):

Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W - Find den bedste pris på Prisjagt

Top 3 best PSU on the market more or less. depends how you count. 

Corsair AX1600i 1600W - Find den bedste pris på Prisjagt

Best PSU on the market, period

tho neither are really in stock. 

be quiet! Dark Power PRO 12 1200W Strømforsyning - 1200 Watt - 135 mm - 80 Plus Titanium certified (proshop.dk)

this has a decent while wait time. 2 weeks-ish

1000w is plenty fine. you really dont need any more

Yea those 1200W is getting pretty expensive. Ok so i guess im going with the 1000W and it should be able to handle a 3090 strix OC, i9 10900k both overclocked and a water cooling loop with a DDC 3.2 pump and some LED strips just fine with the 1000W PSU? 🙂 

Sorry for all this i just need to be 200% sure the 1000W will handle the build in OC mode before buying 😄 

11 minutes ago, bobzen said:

Yea those 1200W is getting pretty expensive. Ok so i guess im going with the 1000W and it should be able to handle a 3090 strix OC, i9 10900k both overclocked and a water cooling loop with a DDC 3.2 pump and some LED strips just fine with the 1000W PSU?

yep

edit: like you can jam 600w into the GPU and 400w into the CPU. 
and you are unlikely to do either. 

43 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yep

I see asus recommends 1000W on their own website with this tool also

https://rog.asus.com/event/PSU/ASUS-Power-Supply-Units/global/index.html

So i guess 1000W will be fine 🙂

Thank you very much for the helpful tips so far 🙂 

EDIT:

Which of the hx 1000i or HX1000 v2 would you say would be best? 🙂 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

yep

But if i were to go with this one

https://www.proshop.dk/Stroemforsyning/be-quiet-Dark-Power-PRO-12-1200W-Stroemforsyning-1200-Watt-135-mm-80-Plus-Titanium-certified/2914323?utm_source=prisjagt&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricesite

That would definitely be better than any of the corsair HX 1000W models right? 🙂

I might sit on it on a few days and think about if i should go with 1000W or pick the dark power PRO 1200W 🙂

Thanks for the help so far 😄  

2 hours ago, bobzen said:

Which of the hx 1000i or HX1000 v2 would you say would be best? 🙂 

Unsure if they updated anything notable between V1 and V2. Hxi has some neat monitoring functionality. 

1 hour ago, bobzen said:

That would definitely be better than any of the corsair HX 1000W models right? 🙂

DPP12 (higher wattage variant) is in the very top of PSUs you can get your hands on. So yes. 

To get better, you need to start looking at the AXi (not AX, AX is worse than HX), or a few harder to get units. 

3 hours ago, bobzen said:

HX1000 v2

Wait... There's an HX1000 v2?????

Where did you see this?

(FYI:  There is no HX1000 v1 or v2.)

12 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Wait... There's an HX1000 v2?????

Where did you see this?

(FYI:  There is no HX1000 v1 or v2.)

They have it listed as HX1000 v2 on Prisjagt, which is a price comparison site.

https://prisjagt.dk/computere-tilbehor/computerkomponenter/kabinetter-stromforsyninger/stromforsyninger/corsair-hx1000-v2-1000w--p4159375

They also have the HX1000 listed, and that's supposed to be for the ancient HX1000, it seems.

https://prisjagt.dk/computere-tilbehor/computerkomponenter/kabinetter-stromforsyninger/stromforsyninger/corsair-hx1000-1000w--p286655

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

They have it listed as HX1000 v2 on Prisjagt, which is a price comparison site.

https://prisjagt.dk/computere-tilbehor/computerkomponenter/kabinetter-stromforsyninger/stromforsyninger/corsair-hx1000-v2-1000w--p4159375

They also have the HX1000 listed, and that's supposed to be for the ancient HX1000, it seems.

https://prisjagt.dk/computere-tilbehor/computerkomponenter/kabinetter-stromforsyninger/stromforsyninger/corsair-hx1000-1000w--p286655

Wow!  What a mess!  They show the HX1000 from over a decade ago, and then the seller below that has the HX1000 Platinum.

What a mess.....  @bobzen:  There's only one HX1000 Platinum.  No V1.  No V2.

12 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Unsure if they updated anything notable between V1 and V2. Hxi has some neat monitoring functionality. 

DPP12 (higher wattage variant) is in the very top of PSUs you can get your hands on. So yes. 

To get better, you need to start looking at the AXi (not AX, AX is worse than HX), or a few harder to get units. 

Ok awesome. 🙂 will be ordering the be quiet dark power pro 12 1200W then 🙂 should be plenty to handle the system and a top of the line PSU so i will definitely go with that one.  😄  Also checked cablemod and they support custom PSU cables for this PSU so i will be able to get a really smooth and clean looking system 🙂 

Thank you again so much for the very helpful tips. I really appreciate the awesome help this forum has to give with nice and helpful people like you! 🙂