My 3600MHz memory won't go higher than 2499

I've got a new build with 2 x 16GB T-FORCE DARK Z DDR4 3600 and I have XMP enabled, but even when I attempt to overclock them they won't go above 2499MHz.

I have a feeling my rig will run much better once I get these up where I want them to be. Any help is appreciated!

Build info:

ASRock B550M Pro4

Ryzen 5 3600

Team T-FORCE DARK Z 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model TDZGD432G3600HC18JDC01

GTX 650

2 minutes ago, Ghetty769 said:

I've got a new build with 2 x 16GB T-FORCE DARK Z DDR4 3600 and I have XMP enabled, but even when I attempt to overclock them they won't go above 2499MHz.

I have a feeling my rig will run much better once I get these up where I want them to be. Any help is appreciated!

Are you manually setting the memory speed, or using XMP?

If you're just manually setting it, consider using XMP (Under OC Tweaker > DRAM Information > Load XMP Setting). 

By manually setting just the speed, you are not adjusting the latency and voltage, which could be the reason you can't get the memory higher than 2499Mhz.

If you used XMP and it didn't work, try updating the BIOS. Maybe a newer version works better.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just checked the memory QVL for your motherboard and it turns out that your ram is not compatible. If you do decide to get new ram or a new motherboard go to the manufacturers website, look for the motherboard, click support, and there should be something called memory QVL. Look at that and make sure that the part number of the ram you want is there.

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Are you manually setting the memory speed, or using XMP?

If you're just manually setting it, consider using XMP (Under OC Tweaker > DRAM Information > Load XMP Setting). 

By manually setting just the speed, you are not adjusting the latency and voltage, which could be the reason you can't get the memory higher than 2499Mhz.

If you used XMP and it didn't work, try updating the BIOS. Maybe a newer version works better.

I'm using XMP. When set to auto it selects 2400, but the XMP profile adjusted the dram frequency to 3600 and the voltage up to 1.35V. I tried adjusting the frequency without XMP but the system wouldn't POST. I'm going to look into BIOS updates and contact ASRock. Thank you MiniBois

P.S. When I check the memory QVL I found another Team 32GB Dark Za(alpha) and searched the model and it brought up the one I purchased... even though the models are slightly different.. SMH. Thank you Habibi!

11 minutes ago, Ghetty769 said:

I'm using XMP. When set to auto it selects 2400, but the XMP profile adjusted the dram frequency to 3600 and the voltage up to 1.35V. I tried adjusting the frequency without XMP but the system wouldn't POST. I'm going to look into BIOS updates and contact ASRock. Thank you MiniBois

The XMP profile should influence the frequency, timings and voltage.

Can you choose multiple profile for XMP? Sometimes there is a secondary profile to use.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

The XMP profile should influence the frequency, timings and voltage.

Can you choose multiple profile for XMP? Sometimes there is a secondary profile to use.

There's only one profile by default.