wheres the BEaNs?!?!?!

does anyone have any word on when i will be able to snag me some toques from lttstore.com or know if linus or anyone else has confirmed there permanent death?!?!?!?!? šŸ˜¢

wheres the BEaNs?!?!?!

Me irl šŸ˜¢Ā  ^

/s

13 minutes ago, Noah-n_Cares said:

does anyone have any word on when i will be able to snag me some toques from lttstore.com or know if linus or anyone else has confirmed there permanent death?!?!?!?!? šŸ˜¢

Someone contacted LTTStore support last month who apparently confirmed the beanies/toques are not gone for good:

On 3/6/2021 at 6:58 AM, Cavalry Canuck said:

Yea they got back to me. Impressed with the quick reply. They basically said the same thing.

As for the toques, not gone forever, thankfully.

Of course no word on when they would return though, so not sure on that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Ā 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:Ā https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

Ā 

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:Ā https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Linus said on WAN show that they had a manufacturing defect and had been recalled as a result, so it's probably gonna take a while to replace the already sold ones and have some again...

F@H
Desktop:Ā i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,Ā Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,Ā Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200ProĀ RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),Ā Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Ā 

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

Ā 

GPD Win 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 12:05 PM, minibois said:

You're an awfully pessimistic individual.

Ā 

They were TOO popular for them to be gone forever. They'll be back. I suspect no date was given because they were too early in the process of rectifying the problem to know how long the solution would take, be it the manufacture correcting the fault, finding a new one, etc.

4 hours ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

You're an awfully pessimistic individual.

Ā 

They were TOO popular for them to be gone forever. They'll be back. I suspect no date was given because they were too early in the process of rectifying the problem to know how long the solution would take, be it the manufacture correcting the fault, finding a new one, etc.

My post simply stated the facts out there (or rather the information given by LTTStore support):

- They will be back

- No date on when

Nothing in my post implied I thought they were gone for good.

Ā 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:Ā https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

Ā 

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:Ā https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yah I was wondering this too so I asked in FP chat and Linus said that they were a big hit but they all have defects. They need to fix the recalling problems and then they can find a new manufacturer and start production again.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Ā 

Ā 

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk.Ā 

Ā 

Other projects I am working onĀ 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

On 4/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Noah-n_Cares said:

toques

My mind went to weed, because I'm a normal person who uses the normal term "beanie"

Ā 

Silly Canucks and yer fake English...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, minibois said:

My post simply stated the facts out there (or rather the information given by LTTStore support):

- They will be back

- No date on when

Nothing in my post implied I thought they were gone for good.

In my message IĀ said, ā€œthey are not gone forever, thankfully.ā€Ā You end your reply with, ā€œnot so sure about that.ā€ From my perspective, that implies that you expect itā€™s possible, if not likely for them to be permanent discontinued. I think thatā€™s a pessimistic outlook, given their popularity.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

In my message IĀ said, ā€œthey are not gone forever, thankfully.ā€Ā You end your reply with, ā€œnot so sure about that.ā€ From my perspective, that implies that you expect itā€™s possible, if not likely for them to be permanent discontinued. I think thatā€™s a pessimistic outlook, given their popularity.Ā 

He said "so not sure on that" implying he's not sure when they will return as a hard date.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

39 minutes ago, Lurick said:

He said "so not sure on that" implying he's not sure when they will return as a hard date.

Fair.Ā I guess I justĀ read/use the expression differently in this context.

Just now, Cavalry Canuck said:

Fair.Ā I guess I justĀ read/use the expression differently in this context.

Yah, I think the second half of mini's statement was directed to the op in this case that he's not sure of a hard date to their question.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

49 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

In that case my post seemed more pessimistic than I tried to make it.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:05 PM, minibois said:

Someone contacted LTTStore support last month who apparently confirmed the beanies/toques are not gone for good:

On 3/6/2021 at 6:58 AM, Cavalry Canuck said:

Yea they got back to me. Impressed with the quick reply. They basically said the same thing.

As for the toques, not gone forever, thankfully.

The "not sure on that." refers to the "when" in the sentence "when they would return".

Ā 

As an outsider, with the same limited knowledge as anyone on this forum, I am not sure onĀ whenĀ they would be back, so I had no date to mention.

I made no comment (or at least attempted not to) onĀ ifĀ they would return, just a post about not knowing a dateĀ when.

Ā 

Anyways, we can argue about how my post does or does not portray me as a pessimistic person, but I just wanted to point out speculation onĀ ifĀ they would return was not my intention in my post.

Ā 

Ā 

21 minutes ago, minibois said:

In that case my post seemed more pessimistic than I tried to make it.

The "not sure on that." refers to the "when" in the sentence "when they would return".

Ā 

As an outsider, with the same limited knowledge as anyone on this forum, I am not sure onĀ whenĀ they would be back, so I had no date to mention.

I made no comment (or at least attempted not to) onĀ ifĀ they would return, just a post about not knowing a dateĀ when.

Ā 

Anyways, we can argue about how my post does or does not portray me as a pessimistic person, but I just wanted to point out speculation onĀ ifĀ they would return was not my intention in my post.

Yea I donā€™t think that needs to be discussed anymore. I miss-interpreted what you said, and LurickĀ straightened me out.

Ā 

All that said, any news? If not, I might shoot supportĀ another email looking for a timeframe.