Upgrading PC

Budget (including currency): Budget for upgrading is 150 Pounds (207 USD and not including money for upgrading gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming/light video editing at 1080p

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So, I want to upgrade my computer my current parts are:

MSI A320m-a Pro

Ryzen 5 3600

Dell Rx 560 2gb (I already know I need to upgrade this, been looking at 3060/3060 Ti, Can't get one for obvious reasons)

ADATA SU630 (SSD)

16Gb DDR4 3200mhz

5 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Dell Rx 560 2gb

just get a rx 570 (since there pretty cheap, and offer good performance for 1080p gaming) for the time being, your setup is more than enough to handle every game.

4 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Budget (including currency): Budget for upgrading is 150 Pounds (207 USD and not including money for upgrading gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming/light video editing at 1080p

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So, I want to upgrade my computer my current parts are:

MSI A320m-a Pro

Ryzen 5 3600

Dell Rx 560 2gb (I already know I need to upgrade this, been looking at 3060/3060 Ti, Can't get one for obvious reasons)

ADATA SU630 (SSD)

16Gb DDR4 3200mhz

If you were to upgrade anything in this list, it should really be the motherboard. A cheap A320 motherboard to a b550 motherboard will not provide you more FPS, but provide you with more features, better VRMs, and more upgradability

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/7gxbt6/msi-b550-a-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-a-pro

5 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

If you were to upgrade anything in this list, it should really be the motherboard. A cheap A320 motherboard to a b550 motherboard will not provide you more FPS, but provide you with more features, better VRMs, and more upgradability

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/7gxbt6/msi-b550-a-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-a-pro

Thanks, I was thinking of getting an open box B450 because it was cheaper, the B550 is probably better for "future proofing" and support for future CPU's and all of that.  

1 minute ago, Ja2016 said:

Thanks, I was thinking of getting an open box B450 because it was cheaper, the B550 is probably better for "future proofing" and support for future CPU's and all of that.  

If the price gap is not that large, B550 is likely better. Though don’t be surprised of Ryzen 6000 doesn’t support b550 because it needs ddr5 and a new socket.

8 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

If the price gap is not that large, B550 is likely better. Though don’t be surprised of Ryzen 6000 doesn’t support b550 because it needs ddr5 and a new socket.

Why shouldn't I just wait for the motherboard for DDR5 and Ryzen 6000 to come out? It would be much better because I will keep it for quite a while

5 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Why shouldn't I just wait for the motherboard for DDR5 and Ryzen 6000 to come out? It would be much better because I will keep it for quite a while

That is true, if you are not going to upgrade your cpu before ryzen 6000 you are better off saving your money until then.

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

That is true, if you are not going to upgrade your cpu before ryzen 6000 you are better off saving your money until then.

I might just wait then get a gpu and new ssd, then wait till Ryzen 6000, new motherboard and new cpu maybe

For 1080p the best thing is to find a 2nd hand GTX 1070(Ti). Would've said 1080 2-3 months ago, but now they cost more than when they were new. The prices of the GPUs are just beyond insanity at this point. This config will get you to the next AM5 platform with DDR5 and all the new goodies from team red. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |