What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 minutes ago, ninninon said:

I know this is totally open, and doesn't really have any rules, but I believe that quite a lot of people come to this thread to have a little look through what other people are looking for to get a varied view of songs to listen and to try something new, however, this is getting increasingly difficult to do since you seem to be, on average, making 5 posts per page, making it incredibly difficult for someone who may not be into this genre of music (death metal, or whatever it is) to find something other than death metal to listen to. I understand fully that this is open, and am not hating on you for liking the music you like, however it would be nice If you and @SeriouslyMikey could make your own death metal music thread since having to sift through all of your posts, which take up 50% of a single pages posts, is getting quite frustrating...

How about, no? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

5 minutes ago, ninninon said:

I know this is totally open, and doesn't really have any rules, but I believe that quite a lot of people come to this thread to have a little look through what other people are looking for to get a varied view of songs to listen and to try something new, however, this is getting increasingly difficult to do since you seem to be, on average, making 5 posts per page, making it incredibly difficult for someone who may not be into this genre of music (death metal, or whatever it is) to find something other than death metal to listen to. I understand fully that this is open, and am not hating on you for liking the music you like, however it would be nice If you and @SeriouslyMikey could make your own death metal music thread since having to sift through all of your posts, which take up 50% of a single pages posts, is getting quite frustrating...

What about contributing some different music then? 

It's not our fault that the ´metal heads´ are the ones that post the most. It's not like we post 4 times an hour either. There can be several hours between a post by any of us.

Personally, I do try to post a varity of music, but I do mostly listen to metal.

Also, Death Angel is a thrash metal band

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 minutes ago, ninninon said:

If there's such a large community of you, then surely there's enough popularity to start your own dedicated thread. It's only a suggestion, and I was just thinking that it'd benefit both me and many other people who browse this thread to find and listen to a varied range of music. 

Or keep it all in one spot as to not saturate the Off Topic side of this forum. There's plenty of other genres being posted here, not just metal. It's not our fault we're the most vocal here. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

5 minutes ago, ninninon said:

If there's such a large community of you, then surely there's enough popularity to start your own dedicated thread. It's only a suggestion, and I was just thinking that it'd benefit both me and many other people who browse this thread to find and listen to a varied range of music. 

There are only 3 of us that most metal and rock on a regular basis. I don't think that warrents its own thread. 

There have also been attempts to create thread oriented at rock and metal music, but all of those have failed since people didn't post in them. 

And I would venture that the same thing would happen to this thread if we didn't post. There are only a few dedicated posters in this thread. Removing 3 would probably not be beneficial, since you would have to look deep in Off Topic for this thread.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Can't wait for their new album!!

This will probably be the album of the year for me. Gojira are just amazing, I can't stop listening to Silvera.

For the person who complained, here's a decent Rick Astley song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3Ejf7vPEY

1 minute ago, ninninon said:

I don't think making a special thread for metal would hurt anyone. It was only a suggestion which would benefit other users. How's about posting a link to a playlist of all the songs at the end of the week, and, then, all of you can listen to each others music in one go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko

No? What song are you listening to right now implies just that. I listen to a lot of music, and I enjoy sharing it here. And I am sure @Pandalf does too. I mean it sounds like this: "I'm not hating on you because of your music but can you go somewhere else?" 

There's no reason to open up a separate thread just for one genre when it will die quickly, just like it has done before, when I can post it here for everyone to see. 

@Deleted User I would still prefer them to keep their posts to this thread. A genre-specific thread would pretty much just be a waste. Especially when each page here sometimes doesn't even fill up in a whole day or two.

2 minutes ago, ninninon said:

Did you read the second bit about the playlist, I agree with you and see what you mean about creating a new thread?

So, I'm expected to make an entire playlist because someone is getting annoyed at the amount of metal here? Tough, honestly. I'm not going to spend time on a YouTube playlist (I don't use Spotify) because one person doesn't like my music here. 

1 minute ago, ninninon said:

Sorry, my ears are still bleeding from the metal related injuries I gained from a milling machine at my workplace, so unfortunately I cannot hear well enough to read. 

Too much salt is bad for your kidneys, man. 

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

So, I'm expected to make an entire playlist because someone is getting annoyed at the amount of metal here? Tough, honestly. I'm not going to spend time on a YouTube playlist (I don't use Spotify) because one person doesn't like my music here. 

~snip~

And what if you're listening to one playlist with songs. Would you just not post it at all, or repost the playlist over and over?

So, yeah. Sticking it all in this thread is the better option. If anything, everyone should start to notice what people are posting similar genres. And thus avoid checking those songs out.

Me, personally just randomly dump songs in here that I feel like sharing. Not really checking much on other's content.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

And what if you're listening to one playlist with songs. Would you just not post it at all, or repost the playlist over and over?

If I have an entire playlist running at that moment, I will probably post it all in one link rather than separately, as I have done with full albums in the past. Though, that's usually when I am listening to the entire album on YouTube as I haven't picked it up yet on CD. I'm just not going to go out of my way to create a playlist. 

9 minutes ago, ninninon said:

One for the metal fans. 

Talk all the shit you want about metal, but don't try to insult me. 

I have seen 4'33" performed, so I do know what it is.

I'll make sure not to post as much metal in the future. I'll ship my focus to industrial noise instead.