What song are you listening to right now.

killers993

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It's an 8 minute album. Fuck. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

N-Trance Forever (Voodoo & Serano Edit)

Astral Projection - Still Dreaming

Atomik Harmonik - Turbo Polka

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

6 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

It's an 8 minute album. Fuck. 

Isn't that because it's a split 45rpm 7"? That would mean that it can fit roughly 5 min. pr. side.

Edit: Apparently. it was released as a 45rpm 12". 

And if you thought that was a short split

If you can find a picture of that split it's pretty funny. It only has one groove on each side.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Isn't that because it's a split 45rpm 7"? That would mean that it can fit roughly 5 min. pr. side.

Edit: Apparently. it was released as a 45rpm 12". 

Yeah. Been trying to pick it up for a couple weeks now, but I now have to hold onto my money for Download. :>

1 minute ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Yeah. Been trying to pick it up for a couple weeks now, but I now have to hold onto my money for Download. :>

Downloads program does look good this year. I was just surprised to see Alien Ant Farm on the poster.

I didn't know they were still going. For all I know they just manifested in reality to make Smooth Criminal just to disappear into the ether again.

Luckily, the better band at Download will also visit Danish festivals this year. Can't wait to see Black Sabbath and Rammstein again. 

8 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Downloads program does look good this year. I was just surprised to see Alien Ant Farm on the poster.

I didn't know they were still going. For all I know they just manifested in reality to make Smooth Criminal just to disappear into the ether again.

Luckily, the better band at Download will also visit Danish festivals this year. Can't wait to see Black Sabbath and Rammstein again. 

There's a number of bands I am excited for. I saw Rammstein in 2013 at Download so they're not really on a high list for me this time. 

Havok, Municipal Waste, Megadeth, Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Saxon, and Electric Wizard are going. Should be a great five days (going for five to make sure I get the best camping spots. :D

19 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

There's a number of bands I am excited for. I saw Rammstein in 2013 at Download so they're not really on a high list for me this time. 

Havok, Municipal Waste, Megadeth, Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Saxon, and Electric Wizard are going. Should be a great five days (going for five to make sure I get the best camping spots. :D

Going to put your patched up vest to good use I see. 

That does sound like a lot of fun and the ticket has a lot of great bands on it. 

I have seen all of those bands you mentioned live exept for Municipal Waste, and I will say that you're in for a treat. Especially if Amon Amarth do their entire viking stage show with sword fights and horses. 

I can't find a quality shot of a sword fight, but it usually happen during the song Way of the Vikings.

But here is my favorit Amon Amarth song as a substitute.

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Going to put your patched up vest to good use I see. 

That does sound like a lot of fun and the ticket has a lot of great bands on it. 

I have seen all of those bands live exept for Municipal Waste, and I will say that you're in for a treat. Especially if Amon Amarth do their entire viking stage show with sword fights and horses. 

I can't find a quality shot of a sword fight, but it usually happen during the song Way of the Vikings.

But here is my favorit Amon Amarth song as a substitute.

Amon Amarth were at 2013 too! They're my friends favourite band so I wont be missing them that's for sure. 

I haven't seen any of the others play live though, apart from Motorhead(RiP) and Iron Maiden. Looking forward to Havok and hopefully hearing them play one of their new songs. Until then this: 

As for the vest. Annoyingly it's not finished. I only planned to do two strips down each side of it and my two main patches on the back, but I got carried away. Currently waiting on a D.R.I patch to arrive from 'Murica. 

18 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Amon Amarth were at 2013 too! They're my friends favourite band so I wont be missing them that's for sure. 

I haven't seen any of the others play live though, apart from Motorhead(RiP) and Iron Maiden. Looking forward to Havok and hopefully hearing them play one of their new songs. Until then this: 

As for the vest. Annoyingly it's not finished. I only planned to do two strips down each side of it and my two main patches on the back, but I got carried away. Currently waiting on a D.R.I patch to arrive from 'Murica. 

Havok is a pretty good live band. Unfortunatly, I have only seen them once and that was as a support act. 

The only shown I'm certainly going to see this summer is Pissgrave and Phrenelith at Pissgrave's first ever European show. 

Hopefully, it'll be a good and well attended show, since it's one of my good friend's record label that is arranging the entire European tour. 

Will the D.R.I. patch be a band logo patch or a Thrash Zone patch? Becuase a Thrash Zone patch could be pretty funny to put on a patched vest. 

Luckily, I never got into the whole "battle jacket"-thing. Knowing myself I would spend all my time sawing on patches if I ever did get into it. 

I also means I have a lot of patches laying around, seeing how they pretty much come with every boxset or special edition these days.

Pretty much everything from The Pop Group to Gorgoroth is represented in my box of patches.

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Havok is a pretty good live band. Unfortunatly, I have only seen them once and that was as a support act. 

The only shown I'm certainly going to see this summer is Pissgrave and Phrenelith at Pissgrave's first ever European show. 

Hopefully, it'll be a good and well attended show, since it's one of my good friend's record label that is arranging the entire European tour. 

Will the D.R.I. patch be a band logo patch or a Thrash Zone patch? Becuase a Thrash Zone patch could be pretty funny to put on a patched vest. 

Luckily, I never got into the whole "battle jacket"-thing. Knowing myself I would spend all my time sawing on patches if I ever did get into it. 

I also means I have a lot of patches laying around, seeing how they pretty much come with every boxset or special edition these days

The D.R.I patch I got was this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-R-I-EMBROIDERED-PATCH-/371606626527? It's actually going to replace a Candlemass Epicus patch I have as it's directly above another Epicus patch, which to me looks stupid. And speaking of patches from limited editions, that Abbath one to the left is from his. 

Spoiler

2RsWly8.jpg 

I got into patch vest/jackets from my James Hetfield. I looked around for ages to try and find his, but when I realised he made it himself, I had to make my own. 

33 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I got into patch vest/jackets from my James Hetfield. I looked around for ages to try and find his, but when I realised he made it himself, I had to make my own. 

I had a conversation like that with a friend of mine once. 

He just found it strange how the entire idea of patched up vests went against the stereotypical view of men metal fans tend to hold.

As he said "For most of them there are two choices: Either they have learned to sew to sew on the patches or their mother did it for them. Either way they would be labled as sissies by their peers that are wearing a battle jacket that came to be the same way".

I can see where you are coming from with the Candlemass patches, but if you like the band I see nothing wrong with showcasing that. 

The pacth that came with the limited edition Abbath album was a rather good one. Quality wise it was solid. 

My latest patch is this:

IMG_20160426_220808.jpg

It's a really good patch and all and I find it rather hard to just toss in a box with the rest of the patches I have acquired over the years.
But I don't know enough people that A) Would make a patched up vest and B) Likes free-style jazz punk. 
I might end up sewing to to my backpack. That thing is covered in pins and badges anyway, so what will a patch do?

9 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I had a conversation like that with a friend of mine once. 

He just found it strange how the entire idea of patched up vests went against the stereotypical view of men metal fans tend to hold.

As he said "For most of them there are two choices: Either they have learned to sew to sew on the patches or their mother did it for them. Either way they would be labled as sissies by their battle jacket wearing peers".

I can see where you are coming from with the Candlemass patches, but if you like the band I see nothing wrong with showcasing that. 

The pacth that came with the limited edition Abbath album was a rather good one. Quality wise it was solid. 

My latest patch is this:

It's a really good patch and all and I find it rather hard to just toss in a box with the rest of the patches I have acquired over the years.
But I don't know enough people that A) Would make a patched up vest and B) Likes free-style jazz punk. 
I might end up sewing to to my backpack. That thing is covered in pins and badges anyway, so what will a patch do?

Oh, I will be keeping that Epicus patch, but it will just be moved to somewhere else on the vest, and I am showcasing my love for Candlemass with the large, arched backpatch as well. Most likely on the back. Other than the one patch, the rest I am super happy with, especially how the back is turning out. I just sort of winged it and it's turning out better than I expected. I'll post pictures of it somewhere on here when it's 100% complete. Well, when it comes to the point that to add anymore patches, I'd need a new vest, or move onto my leather jacket. 

Sewing and stuff I never saw as a sissie thing to do. Then again, my grandma taught me how to knit and, though compulsory, I did textiles classes for two years of school, making sewing pretty easy. I couldn't imagine letting someone else stitch the patches on though. Doing it myself is so rewarding. 

And that's a pretty sweet patch, though I've never heard of jazz punk. Sewing it to your pack sounds sweet, heck given me an idea as what to do with my Saor patch. It's got unfinished sides and I don't really like it all too much, could just throw it on my own backpack. 

13 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Sewing and stuff I never saw as a sissie thing to do. Then again, my grandma taught me how to knit and, though compulsory, I did textiles classes for two years of school, making sewing pretty easy. I couldn't imagine letting someone else stitch the patches on though. Doing it myself is so rewarding. 

And that's a pretty sweet patch, though I've never heard of jazz punk. Sewing it to your pack sounds sweet, heck given me an idea as what to do with my Saor patch. It's got unfinished sides and I don't really like it all too much, could just throw it on my own backpack. 

I never saw sewing as a sissy thing to either. Hell, I'm knitting as we speak. It's and oddly relaxing thing to do and you have something to show for the time you spent.

And atleast I can repair my clothing if it breaks. 

You would be surprised about the strange fusion genres that exists out there, The Pop Groups (the band that the patch is from) is only one example.

And just becuase it also exists: Grindcore jazz. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

37 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I never saw sewing as a sissy thing to either. Hell, I'm knitting as we speak. It's and oddly relaxing thing to do and you have something to show for the time you spent.

And atleast I can repair my clothing if it breaks. 

You would be surprised about the strange fusion genres that exists out there, The Pop Groups (the band that the patch is from) is only one example.

And just becuase it also exists: Grindcore jazz. 

That was certainly interesting, especially the second. Though, unfortunately didn't click with me. Maybe it will if I come across it again in the future. 

On 4/17/2016 at 6:33 PM, JoeyDM said:

More Foo Fighters... I promise I listen to other bands as well >_>

No. No I don't have a problem.