Where do i buy GPUs in Europe?

DudeWhatTheN

All tech stores in my coutry sell at scalper prices or out of stock messages do i don't really know what to do since my gpu's dying.

1 minute ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

All tech stores in my coutry sell at scalper prices or out of stock messages 

That's basically the same everywhere in the world at this point

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You don't right now. No store is selling at msrp.

They are selling at MSRP; the problem is that the cards are out of stock within seconds.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Pretty much no retailer is selling graphics cards at MSRP. The reason for this is that the distributers are providing the graphics cards at an already inflated price. If you badly need a new card, what you will need to do is to find the distributers for a particular brand in your country and try to make a deal with them directly. You still will not be able to get a card at MSRP, but at least the price they will provide you with will be lower than that of the retailers. Do note that some distributers will want you to buy more than one card so be prepared for that if you decide to go this route. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Alternate is one shop that has a good record on this. It may not be available in your country though.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

14 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

All tech stores in my coutry sell at scalper prices or out of stock messages do i don't really know what to do since my gpu's dying.

Find something used to get by if you must but don't buy new stuff and don't buy used cards that can play modern games, get the really old stuff instead and then lower in game settings. 

What GPU do you have and what is your issue with it?

27 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

They are selling at MSRP; the problem is that the cards are out of stock within seconds.

Rarely tho.

14 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Find something used to get by if you must but don't buy new stuff and don't buy used cards that can play modern games, get the really old stuff instead and then lower in game settings. 

What GPU do you have and what is your issue with it?

RTX 2070. Artifacts on desktop and Fortnite just begun crashing out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Warranty it? That should still be covered in the mandatory 2 year warranty in europe.

3 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

That card is new enough where it should have a warranty. Have you tried RMA'ing the card?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

2 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Did you try DDU you driver and installing an older one? When did you buy the card, you may still have warranty. Try contacting the manufacturer. If it is the same kind of artifacting that made the 2080 card DOA, the manufacturer may replace the card out of warranty due to a known defect in manufacturing by nVidia. GamersNexus did a deep dive on that topic when the cards first launched.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:21 PM, jaslion said:

Warranty it? That should still be covered in the mandatory 2 year warranty in europe.

Yes, the warranty is still available but honestly, i'd prefer waiting for it to die since if i return it now i have nothing to replace it

On 4/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, Applefreak said:

Did you try DDU you driver and installing an older one? When did you buy the card, you may still have warranty. Try contacting the manufacturer. If it is the same kind of artifacting that made the 2080 card DOA, the manufacturer may replace the card out of warranty due to a known defect in manufacturing by nVidia. GamersNexus did a deep dive on that topic when the cards first launched.

I already used DDU back in february for faulty drivers and it only made the situation worse. I undervolted the card so it can last longer

On 4/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, DudeWhatTheN said:

In which country are you ? The 30XX Founder Edition is region lock at MSRP in Europe, for exemple only LDLC is selling 30XX FE at MSRP for France and Spain.

Just now, lavolte said:

In which country are you ? The 30XX Founder Edition is region lock at MSRP in Europe, for exemple only LDLC is selling 30XX FE at MSRP for France and Spain.

Italy

Then I'm sorry there is no official Founder Edition drops in Italy, Nvidia didn't team up with an italian shop. You can find 30XX cards on Amazon but it won't be MSRP.

spacer.png

On 4/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, DudeWhatTheN said:

I already used DDU back in february for faulty drivers and it only made the situation worse. I undervolted the card so it can last longer

Try to RMA the card if nothing else helps. Undervolting does not make it live longer unless you have thermal issues at which point cleaning the fins on the cooler and repasting would be the first step with undervolting being the last option. Again, try the manufacturers RMA process. Your card should in most cases still be under warranty. Makes sure to make screenshots showing the issue to make it easier on them to process your request. 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, DudeWhatTheN said:

Yes, the warranty is still available but honestly, i'd prefer waiting for it to die since if i return it now i have nothing to replace it

Don't that is just stupid. Claim your warranty. At worst sell it or something that card is worth more than it was when you bought it now. This is probably the worst thing you can do as you cannot get any card basically. Do you have onboard graphics? if not then just get a dirt cheap used card like a gtx750 to last you the 3 weeks it will be gone or something.

Yeah, I agree with @jaslion. If you don't claim on the warranty then you are basically out-of-pocket for the cost of the graphics card.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.