1080 ti's popping up on ebay for sub $100 USD, miners or scam?

WillOfTheLand

I've been noticing this for a week or 2, you'll see listings for 1080 ti's popping up on ebay for dirt cheap, usually selling "10+ in stock" and I have to wonder if it's miners selling the cards (it never says) or scammers trying to sucker in people with a deal to good to be true. The listings always are gone 4-6 hours after going up and I can't tell if it's because somebody else see's them and buys everything up or because it's a scam listing and ebay is just manually taking them down as fast as they realise they're up. 

Sometimes it's a brand new account, sometimes it's one several years old with hundreds of buys/sells on it.

1 minute ago, WillOfTheLand said:

I've been noticing this for a week or 2, you'll see listings for 1080 ti's popping up on ebay for dirt cheap, usually selling "10+ in stock" and I have to wonder if it's miners selling the cards (it never says) or scammers trying to sucker in people with a deal to good to be true. The listings always are gone 4-6 hours after going up and I can't tell if it's because somebody else see's them and buys everything up or because it's a scam listing and ebay is just manually taking them down as fast as they realise they're up. 

Sometimes it's a brand new account, sometimes it's one several years old with hundreds of buys/sells on it.

My bet is on "scam"

If you can, take a screenshot next time, then check their feedback in a few weeks, I"m willing to bet it's largely negative

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's always a scam.

Even with the older accounts with hundreds of sales. When that happens, check their past sales. Often there is a large gap in time, or they were selling something completely unrelated prior. Both signs of a stolen account. Miners only fire sale in flooded markets. This is certainly not one. They know they can sell a mined on 1080 Ti for more than $100.

Scam. 

They normally go for about €700-€800 where I live now 

Scam. Is it to good to be true? Yes. So it ain't true. Even miners aren't that desperate.

Definitely a scam, a pretty common one to. The accounts with hundreds of sales and are years old are stolen or resold accounts. The easiest way to check is what @Den-Fi suggested about gaps in seller activity and the account selling items completely unrelated to computer hardware prior to the listing of the GPUs.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |