Good games for a relatively new/returning gamer?

Kawaii Koneko

So I have this online chick friend who is 28 and hasn't really played any games since she was in high school. She said the last game she really played was Counter Strike. Well, we've been talking a lot lately and she said she would like to play some games with me online to hang out. But she doesn't really know what to play. She said she would be open to something with a bit of action but also something easy to get into would be nice. 

So my first thought was Minecraft because it is a calm, somewhat relaxed game when you aren't being chased by creepers haha. She liked the idea of being able to build things and she thinks it's really cute how you can raise animals and they can have babies. So that will probably be one game we play.

I'm looking for some other suggestions though. Preferably something free so she doesn't have to spend money since she is just starting out. This way she can dabble to find what she likes before buying anything. Also, she lives in the Philippines so something where lag won't be too much of an issue would be good. So I'm thinking maybe an MMORGP. Idk.

Her laptop is an  Asus FX505DD so she has a Ryzen 5 2.1 GHz, 8GB Ram, and a GTX 1050. So she should have a pretty good selection of games she can play.

What do you play? Probably start with that? Nothing wrong with some CS 1.6, she was obviously into shooters..

If you want a co-op type, Far Cry 5's Co-Op is pretty fun if you can get it working

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Left 4 Dead 2 is inexpensive, easy to get into, and fun in coop. Runs on a potato too.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Ultimate Chicken Horse is a great ad hoc game that runs for ~7USD on sales.

Apart from that there's Warframe, CS:GO and planty other free games. Depends what she would like..

Also, Spelunky Classic is free and with Spelunky SD mod you can play online with a friend :).

Don't starve together can be fun in CO-OP but you have to buy it (its like 5 6 $ usualy)