Can someone explain this to me?

Zyb3rWolfi

So right i had my pc on sleep all night which i usually do as it faster to start up however today we had a powercut for like 30 mins or so, i turn on my pc to expect it not in sleep mode as it didnt have any power therefore ram sticks have no memory. However i boot right in with all my programs opened, discord, firefox, msi afterburner etc. all open same tabs everything.

Im just wondering how did this happen because if im correct if ram loses is power then sleep mode get interupted?

Lel

Nowadays sleep is the only option available on the PC (i think). So in reality it's hybrid sleep. Hibernation + sleep 馃檪

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

5 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Your PC hibernated it wasn't in sleep mode. It retains the state on disk not ram.

Weird thing is hibernation is disabled

Lel

Windows 10 remembers which programs you got open when you shut it down. Maybe that's what happened?

They implemented it because people got tired of updates automatically restarting their PCs, causing them to have to reopen programs again. You can find the option for it under:

Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Windows 10 remembers which programs you got open when you shut it down. Maybe that's what happened?

They implemented it because people got tired of updates automatically restarting their PCs, causing them to have to reopen programs again. You can find the option for it under:

Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options

Usually when i shut down my pc, it takes some time to login and boot up because i run on a hard disk however today it took quicker boot in and instantly logged back in

Lel

6 minutes ago, Zyb3rWolfi said:

Usually when i shut down my pc, it takes some time to login and boot up because i run on a hard disk however today it took quicker boot in and instantly logged back in

no joke takes about 5 mins to boot right in and today was like less than 2 mins

Lel