Steve Dotto gives an honest look at Adsense and Youtube Monetisation

Ethnod

I think that this is the most interesting conversation about monetisation of Youtube and a great look into how it works. Absolutely loved the vid and some great and interesting info in it

What do you think? ;)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I think that this is the most interesting conversation about monetisation of Youtube and a great look into how it works. Absolutely loved the vid and some great and interesting info in it

What do you think? ;)

So... something like 32000$ a month for all the LTT channels?

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So... something like 32000$ a month for all the LTT channels?

Regarding LTT, IF his figures are accurate then it sounds like a lot but 4 staff, plus hiring more staff all the equipment they have bought and will buy, insurance, rent, accountants, lawyers, legal fees, government fees, taxes, websites, forums, servers, investment in the future of LTT plus something for Linus and his family? Oh and dont forget that Adsense and Youtube take a cut of the incoming money which could be substantial, Steam is rumoured to take 20%. 

I'd be happy to see Linus Media Group making 100k monthly, 250k monthly. Looks how he treats his staff, employers like that are rare and should earn more than anyone imho. Hell I'd move to Canada if it meant working for someone like Linus.

But this thread is not about Linus, LTT or LMG. Its about youtube. I mean, I know that I am not the only one who has considered starting a channel over the years. To be this brings so many things into perspective and shows how little reward there is unless your success is huge. Makes me think about all the Tubers who work so hard, produce so much content, put in so many hours and yet in reality dont earn a wage.

It was interesting and enlightening, or at least I thought so

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I can't say how much due to the terms of my agreement with YouTube, but I'll say that it's not even close to that.

If you made $32000 then slick would probably sleep more often.