Reduced visibility for quick-locked threads with certain behaviors

Jtalk4456

So another crypto-is-evil post came up in general claiming crime funded by bitcoin in the title (edited pretty quick to be less accusing) and posting a video to watch. Got locked pretty fast, but it was still the newest thread in General, so for a bit, it was still right on the main page to click on. I wouldn't suggest for every type of lock to just not show it, but for spam, bots, offensive, harrassing, trolling, flamestarting, that kind of stuff. I think it would be nice that those didn't still show on the front page bringing traffic to those behaviors just because the post is new and nothing else has overlapped it.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Spammers aren't dealt by locking. They are handled by removing content. Same goes with some of the more crazy/spammy threads.

There's no way to move locked threads down on the list, other than removing them completely. And I for one think they should stay visible. Mainly to show where the line is drawn, and to be sort of sign of need for moderation. Same applies with cleaning the threads. The more crazy and derailing stuff is removed, even when thread gets locked afterwards.

(My English is not working today...)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

51 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Spammers aren't dealt by locking. They are handled by removing content. Same goes with some of the more crazy/spammy threads.

There's no way to move locked threads down on the list, other than removing them completely. And I for one think they should stay visible. Mainly to show where the line is drawn, and to be sort of sign of need for moderation. Same applies with cleaning the threads. The more crazy and derailing stuff is removed, even when thread gets locked afterwards.

Fair enough

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought they were handled by account deletion because most of the time they don't ever come back. Nice to know!

On 3/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, LogicalDrm said:

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

1 hour ago, TheCoder2019 said:

I thought they were handled by account deletion because most of the time they don't ever come back. Nice to know!

Spammers are banned, all their content is removed, and they are reported to a third party spam service.

HTTP/2 203