Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris FREE from Square Enix

Paul Rudd

Too bad I don't have a Twitter account. Nor do I care to make one just to get two games I've never heard of before*

*To clarify, I have heard of the Tomb Raider series before. Just not these particular games

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

8 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Too bad I don't have a Twitter account.

Me either. Just made one. No clue how to use it. I did what it said to do and it's like I tweeted myself because I don't know how to use twitter. Says I'll receive the games via DM but they have yet to arrive. Maybe because I tweeted wrong, who knows.

9 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Nor do I care to make one just to get two games I've never heard of before

You never heard of these games? Strange. I know one of them was given out for free on Games for Gold on Xbox a while back. It's actually a fun game but I barely played it.

3 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

You never heard of these games? Strange. I know one of them was given out for free on Games for Gold on Xbox a while back. It's actually a fun game but I barely played it.

Yeah, Tomb Raider just isn't a franchise I really follow as it's not the style of game I'm typically in to. Clearly I've somehow made it this far without these particular entries in the franchise being brought to my attention.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

would you say the tomb raider games are similar to the uncharted games? if so id be interested in claiming and playing these games.

😕

1 hour ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

would you say the tomb raider games are similar to the uncharted games? if so id be interested in claiming and playing these games.

The recent trilogy most definitely are, but looking at the Steam pages these look similar to maybe Uncharted 1 in terms of presentation and budget?>

would you say the tomb raider games are similar to the uncharted games?

Not these Tomb Raider games.

Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris are different style games than other Tomb Raider games.

if so id be interested in claiming and playing these games.

Tomb Raider from 2013 is similar to Uncharted though and it's $2.24 right now on Steam. The Tomb Raider deals just started today. All the older Tomb Raider games are less than a dollar right now(I recommend Underworld) and also Rise of the Tomb Raider is just $5.99. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is just $14.80 right now as well. It hits as low as $12-$13 on sites like GMG and Fanatical if you want to save a few bucks there.

1 hour ago, Paul Rudd said:

Not these Tomb Raider games.

Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris are different style games than other Tomb Raider games.

Tomb Raider from 2013 is similar to Uncharted though and it's $2.24 right now on Steam. The Tomb Raider deals just started today. All the older Tomb Raider games are less than a dollar right now(I recommend Underworld) and also Rise of the Tomb Raider is just $5.99. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is just $14.80 right now as well. It hits as low as $12-$13 on sites like GMG and Fanatical if you want to save a few bucks there.

what do you mean by different style games? are they not the usual third person RPGs?

😕

4 hours ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

what do you mean by different style games? are they not the usual third person RPGs?

Osiris and Guardian are Diablo style isometric puzzle platformers with twin stick shooting.

The rest of Tomb Raider games are nothing like that, except for puzzle and platforming.

I mean, the size of your character in Osiris and Guardian are the size of ants. The gifs I posted above are cut scenes, maybe they threw you off.

19 hours ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

third person RPGs

I don’t know where someone told you that Uncharted and Tomb Raider are RPGs?

35 minutes ago, gloop said:

role playing game, we are playing the role of a character in game, be it Nathan drake or Lara croft. correct me if I'm wrong please, but aren't those what RPGs are?

😕

33 minutes ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

role playing game, we are playing the role of a character in game, be it Nathan drake or Lara croft. correct me if I'm wrong please, but aren't those what RPGs are?

Well than technically any game is an RPG. I perceive RPGs as a game where you can ‘create’ your own character by assigning them skills and characteristics similar to tabletop games - for example Baldur’s Gate or Disco Elysium. There’s also an additional layer to it that separates, for example, Wizardry from Skyrim. Those small differences make Wizardry, in my opinion, a true RPG and Skyrim an action game with light RPG influences. 

14 minutes ago, gloop said:

Well than technically any game is an RPG. I perceive RPGs as a game where you can ‘create’ your own character by assigning them skills and characteristics similar to tabletop games - for example Baldur’s Gate or Disco Elysium. There’s also an additional layer to it that separates, for example, Wizardry from Skyrim. Those small differences make Wizardry, in my opinion, a true RPG and Skyrim an action game with light RPG influences. 

ah i see what you mean, your meaning makes more sense if im being honest lolol.

😕

1 hour ago, gloop said:

Tomb Raider is the direct opposite of role-playing. It's role-assumption. In a true RPG, the player creates the character, and therefore creates the content. Tomb Raider has never been about that at all.

Wonder if I messed up or if they still have a backlog on sending codes? I did the follow/reply with hashtag before the showcase so should be eligible. Anyone else still waiting?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, porina said:

Wonder if I messed up or if they still have a backlog on sending codes? I did the follow/reply with hashtag before the showcase so should be eligible. Anyone else still waiting?

Did you reply to yourself on Twitter or did you reply to Square Enix on Twitter? I ask because I first replied to myself(because it's my first time using Twitter), then I ended up realizing I needed to reply to Square Enixs Twitter feed with the hashtag thing.

Also, what time on Wednesday did you reply?

1 hour ago, Paul Rudd said:

Did you reply to yourself on Twitter or did you reply to Square Enix on Twitter? I ask because I first replied to myself(because it's my first time using Twitter), then I ended up realizing I needed to reply to Square Enixs Twitter feed with the hashtag thing.

Also, what time on Wednesday did you reply?

I replied to their post saying to reply to it. It was a few hours before the stream they're promoting, so I was one of the later ones I guess as it had been up for perhaps a day before that.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

18 minutes ago, porina said:

it had been up for perhaps a day before that.

I wouldn't expect to receive it if you didn't get it in on the first day. Especially within the first 6 hours or so(when I did it).

31 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I wouldn't expect to receive it if you didn't get it in on the first day. Especially within the first 6 hours or so(when I did it).

I didn't check the small print, was it limited numbers? I only saw it relatively late.

No great loss, they would most likely end up in the pile of "free" games I get but never get around to checking out. I haven't even played all the ones I have paid for... nice problem to have?

4 hours ago, porina said:

I didn't check the small print, was it limited numbers? I only saw it relatively late.

Yup, "while supplies last".

4 hours ago, porina said:

No great loss, they would most likely end up in the pile of "free" games I get but never get around to checking out. I haven't even played all the ones I have paid for... nice problem to have?

Same boat. A good 2,000 game backlog. Around 600 on Steam, over 100 on Epic, a good 100 or so on GOG, a good 50 on Origin, a good 30 on UPlay, a good 150 on IndieGala and a handful on both the Bethesda and Blizzard launchers. Then of course the hundreds of games played from emulators.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, it looks like it was a problem on my end after all. I got the code but I never saw a notification. Originally they said they were going to DM on Twitter, then they said it would be sent in a Tweet. I never got any notification for either. Today, for unrelated reasons I looked in Twitter under notifications>mentions and there it was! Maybe I set my notifications to erm... not notify that method of communicating with me in a more obvious way. I'll have to review notification settings again some time.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

Going by the explanations of the term from the creator of it, Gary Gygax, an RPG is a game with limitless possibilities, where the story which manifests is non-prescribed but is a natural byproduct of choices and actions made by the player interacting with the game master, world rules, and randomization mechanics. So, an RPG is a game where player choices and actions have an essential role to play in creating and shaping the story that manifests.

Gary Gygax said that linear and scripted stories are not RPGs - which means that Uncharted and Tomb Raider don't quality. They're Action-Adventure games.

Video game RPGs aim to simulate the effect of player choices and actions interacting with a game master, the game's world and rules, and randomization mechanics.

But the term RPG has become very abused in video game publishing and lots of games which aren't RPGs are labelled by their publishers as being RPGs. I'm guessing that a part of it is ignorance as to what the term is intended to refer to, while another part of it is simply exploiting the allure of the term for sales.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987