Moded with little display

Hansimgamr

TLDR: She was pretty but I had some issues and now its a pig hearted Bit#h!

Here's the story.  It's a tale of trashed dreams and bright lights, but that's what you wanted anyway; admit it.

Been playing around with PC stuff since the early 90's and always been building but it's always something ugly and super utility.  This time I decided to do something a little different. Just a few months before the pandemic I had an 1800x with a 980ti that I got when they were released and just before that I had an FX8150 sooo Ryzen is a godsend. Anyway, I get all these parts and I put together this beautiful piece. To me anyway. (see photo below under before). So this build is gleaming and lovely. I play some OW at 144 hz on the new monitor I had picked up and was watching some buddies playing Tarkov when a fan stops spinning.  The LEDS are on but it just stops.  Spun it with my finger, stared at it a bit, tried kick starting it... needless to say the fan was dead... or so I thought. I got to the parts bin and grab another fan and bam, same issue. So long and skinny is the waterpump has this controller for all the fans and rbg. Yeah that died on 1 port... then 2... and finally 3.  I had 3 fans not spinning because their port died on the back of the controller like a week maybe after I bought it.  Newegg was a MESS to deal with to try and return it etc.  So you might be asking, but why is it so ugly? Well Jim that's because I had that old huge Noctua cooler and that's all I had. So the pig heart went into my pretty system.. with that went the LED ram as it was no fitting no matter what so FML.

You have now seen the PC known as Ms Piggy

Side note: The little display I got from ali express was supposed to be for a pi, but here it ended up here with some zip ties conveniently fitting where the holes were.

Take it easy.

Before

IMG_9576.thumb.jpg.cd49ee51eb535782ea99b378c3294b9c.jpg

After

IMG_3688.jpg

Edited by Hansimgamr

Cool. but I would move it to the bottom corner and route the wires from the bottomto hide them tbh, they ruin the build ngl

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

Cool. but I would move it to the bottom corner and route the wires from the bottomto hide them tbh, they ruin the build ngl

Yeah for sure. Usually my build is the ugliest ever so this is a big step for me LOL.

Sloow ride

29 minutes ago, Hansimgamr said:

Take it easy.

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Neat! I've been thinking about getting a small little thing like that for some fancy graphics but have been too lazy.

I frequently wonder what i'll do with it but I remember, widgets LOL.

58 minutes ago, Hansimgamr said:

I frequently wonder what i'll do with it but I remember, widgets LOL.

Look into Aida64. I wish I had a cleaner way to mount my display, but it works!

Spoiler

1184847741_20201222_233908_LI(2).jpg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 hours ago, Voluspa said:

Look into Aida64. I wish I had a cleaner way to mount my display, but it works!

Reveal hidden contents

1184847741_20201222_233908_LI(2).jpg

This is what I use currently. Those are the dark mode gauges. 

7 hours ago, Kanna said:

Sloow ride

Thank for getting that song STUCK IN MY HEAD!

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Hansimgamr said:

The little display I got from ali express

Link please?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Link please?

It’s eviciv. Search for that I think 

Thank you. The link on Amazon for this is in pretty bad "english"

What exactly powers this? I get USB, but 2.0? 3.0? Thunderbolt? Magical Pixie Dust?

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thank you. The link on Amazon for this is in pretty bad "english"

What exactly powers this? I get USB, but 2.0? 3.0? Thunderbolt? Magical Pixie Dust?

It’s usb powered 5v. Sorry I’ll get you the link for real this time lmao. Try this 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0Y01yX

All good, thank you for the help 🙂

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

All good, thank you for the help 🙂

No worries