Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC Temps

Hi,

I got my Gigabyte RTX 3080 yesterday and since then I have been doing stress tests to ensure my overclock is stable. Ran Unigine Heaven and MSI kombustor. After a few minutes with both the tests, GPU temp reached 80-81c and stayed there for 30 mins. Case is well ventilated, however, I still think the temps are a bit high. I'm not really good with fan curves, so if there's a way to lower the temps a bit, I'd appreciate it.

My OC (In addition to Gigabyte's factory OC):

Core Clock: +60

Mem Clock: +500

Core Clock stayed between 1935 - 1980 mhz most of the time.

Your opinions?

Edited by kevinj93
Added tags

43 minutes ago, kevinj93 said:

Hi,

I got my Gigabyte RTX 3080 yesterday and since then I have been doing stress tests to ensure my overclock is stable. Ran Unigine Heaven and MSI kombustor. After a few minutes with both the tests, GPU temp reached 80-81c and stayed there for 30 mins. Case is well ventilated, however, I still think the temps are a bit high. I'm not really good with fan curves, so if there's a way to lower the temps a bit, I'd appreciate it.

My OC (In addition to Gigabyte's factory OC):

Core Clock: +60

Mem Clock: +500

Core Clock stayed between 1935 - 1980 mhz most of the time.

Your opinions?

Check your vram temps. Ive read gigabytes can run hot. Especially if u mine. Hwmonitor can check vram temps. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

OK, Apparently the fans on the top weren't configured correctly. After I put all the top fans as exhaust, temps dropped to 74 and stabilized between 74-75c with MSI kombustor running for 1 hour 15 mins. So I'm assuming those temps are fine?