Need advice from Canadians on builds and moves.

ThePaladin

I'm from the Philippines and my family and I are moving to your part of the world pretty soon. We still don't know which part but that's not important I think. I built my rig not too long ago when I thought we weren't moving yet. 3600, x570, 5700xt, 16gb 3200, and all of the accoutrement. Now I dont know what to do, should I just bring it with me on the move or would it be more advisable to liquidate this and just build one when I get there? Are parts availability an issue still? I want to build something comparable or at least a little more powerful. 

GPU is not available. Everything else you listed should be easy to grab a hold of. 

50 minutes ago, s3riouscat said:

GPU is not available. Everything else you listed should be easy to grab a hold of. 

Thank you good sir. So best move would be to liquidate everything but my GPU. 

6 hours ago, ThePaladin said:

I'm from the Philippines and my family and I are moving to your part of the world pretty soon. We still don't know which part but that's not important I think. I built my rig not too long ago when I thought we weren't moving yet. 3600, x570, 5700xt, 16gb 3200, and all of the accoutrement. Now I dont know what to do, should I just bring it with me on the move or would it be more advisable to liquidate this and just build one when I get there? Are parts availability an issue still? I want to build something comparable or at least a little more powerful. 

Take the GPU and hard drive in your carry-on. Sell the rest.

While CPU parts are still hard to get, usually it's only the high end parts that are rarely in stock. The low/medium-end parts are still available (eg Ryzen 5 3xxx and Ryzen 7 3xxx)

The only reason I haven't built a new rig is that the 5xxx parts are not available and the Intel parts are not a good value, but you can get by with whatever is available.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

Take the GPU and hard drive in your carry-on. Sell the rest.

While CPU parts are still hard to get, usually it's only the high end parts that are rarely in stock. The low/medium-end parts are still available (eg Ryzen 5 3xxx and Ryzen 7 3xxx)

The only reason I haven't built a new rig is that the 5xxx parts are not available and the Intel parts are not a good value, but you can get by with whatever is available.

Fuck the storage too. Depending on random shenanigans, you could lose all your data if you plug it into a new system. Put all your important pics, media, and documents onto a USB stick, pull the GPU & take with you, and sell the rest.

Thanks guys. I'm mulling over purchasing a gaming laptop for my needs for the meantime. Funny thing is, I'll be needing it asap but comparable specs to my needs are not availble yet in my country and can only buy it when I get there (if available of course) so I'm in limbo right now not knowing if I should liquidate now then get last year's laptop specs or wait a bit to give myself a little bit of extra future resistance. However knowing how we import stuff in my current location, that'll be a while.