is the i3-9100f enough for a 1070? do i need 16gigs of ram or will 8 do?

Go to solution Solved by Henry0161,
7 minutes ago, Daxadoe said:

i could also get a 980ti instead of the 1070, would that be fine with a 10100f and 16gigs ram?

you would just be better off going for 16gb of ram and a i5 9400f 

i'm building a budget pc and i'm wondering if i'll need a better cpu or more then 8gb o' ram.

You would benefit from a better CPU. As for ram goes, I would not suggest anything less than 16G for gaming.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You can get by with 8GB of RAM for most things, but RAM is currently one of the few cheap components in a PC. I'd spend the extra $20-$30 for a 2x8GB (16GB) kit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

27 minutes ago, Daxadoe said:

i'm building a budget pc and i'm wondering if i'll need a better cpu or more then 8gb o' ram.

There wouldnt be much bottleneck but a 9100F in 2021 isn't great. if you already have the CPU its fine for now but if you haven't bought it yet i'd get a 10100f.

Also I would recommend 16GB of RAM for gaming 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

49 minutes ago, Daxadoe said:

I would definitely go for 16gb of ram as most games today use around 4-7 gigs of ram if not more! and your the cpu i would consider upgrading as well. doesn't have to be anything expensive. depending on your motherboard if its amd compatible i would get a ryzen 5 2600 or if its not go for a i5 9400f as it only gives you a 3% bottleneck on 1080p res 🙂

i could also get a 980ti instead of the 1070, would that be fine with a 10100f and 16gigs ram?

7 minutes ago, Daxadoe said:

you would just be better off going for 16gb of ram and a i5 9400f