Search from Brave?! Updated: Now in beta!

I have been using brave since last year cause google chrome keep using up to much memory while it was running. I haven’t had any problems with brave yet.

I work in IT and the only people I know who use DDG are ones with far-right extreme views claiming Google is censoring them...

Which they aren't exactly wrong, but it is quite disheartening that "mainstream" DDG usage seems to be from people using it to look up wrong/false information.

6 minutes ago, EChondo said:

I work in IT and the only people I know who use DDG are ones with far-right extreme views claiming Google is censoring them...

Which they aren't exactly wrong, but it is quite disheartening that "mainstream" DDG usage seems to be from people using it to look up wrong/false information.

I use DDG and am definitely not in that category, quite the opposite. I don't think we really should further proceed into that topic though but I wanted to give you a counter point. I can definitely see your PoV though.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

• 3 months later...

Brave search has gone into beta mode.

I have to eat my words as it looks very cool.

image.thumb.png.09dee1712ea688e42ca64bb690f75f42.png

On 3/4/2021 at 2:17 AM, RejZoR said:

DuckDuckGo not being as successful as we wanted it to be? I disagree since over 2 years ago. I've had DDG as primary search engine for several years now and not once I thought "gee, I need to open Google to find something". Not once. It's working great and it's serving me great. It's people's dumb fixation that only Google exists and only Google can find everything.Which is total bull.

Yes usually DuckDuckGo is enough but every now and then there's something I want to find that I can only describe random moments of the video or part of the picture, and only Google is capable of finding what I wanted when it was that obscure and random. I'm not sure any search engine will ever reach that level but it also just means I need to download memes more

So far so good with the search beta. But I look for a ton of simple or common stuff, so I doubt the depths of Brave search will ever effect me too much. But its definitely a nice to have.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

1 hour ago, Eaglerino said:

Yes usually DuckDuckGo is enough but every now and then there's something I want to find that I can only describe random moments of the video or part of the picture, and only Google is capable of finding what I wanted when it was that obscure and random. I'm not sure any search engine will ever reach that level but it also just means I need to download memes more

I've switched to Brave and been using DuckDuck for a few months now. I regularly have to switch over to Google to do searches, which seems odd because I heard DuckDuck is supposed to use Google's engine or something. As a random, I'm also not liking that it uses Apple maps over something like OSM.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 3/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, RejZoR said:

DuckDuckGo not being as successful as we wanted it to be? I disagree since over 2 years ago. I've had DDG as primary search engine for several years now and not once I thought "gee, I need to open Google to find something". Not once. It's working great and it's serving me great. It's people's dumb fixation that only Google exists and only Google can find everything.Which is total bull.

sometimes i need to use google, as ddg doesnt do reverse image searches for example, and searches in my native language for example aren't great.

this just made me notice brave added speed dial bookmarks, awesome it was the 1 feature that kept me using opera instead

All of these alternative search engines lack rich result boxes and such, I'll never use them until they do.

If I search a store name, I want to see local locations with reviews and directions. If I search for a sports team, I want to see their scores and upcoming games, etc.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20