is it possible to make all the windows machines on my home network NOT be able to communicate or connect to each other?

kofman13

topic^ 

what setting do I need to change on each windows machine in my household to make sure they cannot communicate with each other while on the same home network?

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

Normally they won't talk to each other unless you tell them to. Are you having any problems.

You can use the file wall on the system, or setup the network so devices can't talk to each other. But most home networking can't do this.

Yes, you can either change machines to be on non home network mode or if your router has client isolation, enabling that would isolate all your clients.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally they won't talk to each other unless you tell them to. Are you having any problems.

You can use the file wall on the system, or setup the network so devices can't talk to each other. But most home networking can't do this.

to prevent potential viruses from leaping from computer to computer on the same network 

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

1 minute ago, kofman13 said:

to prevent potential viruses from leaping from computer to computer on the same network 

If you keep your systems patched and don't setup servers on the systems this isn't really a big issue. I wouldn't worry about it. The windows firewall and windows updates should be plenty here.

You can setup client isolation in wifi pretty easily, its much more of a pain on wired. What network equipment do you have.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you keep your systems patched and don't setup servers on the systems this isn't really a big issue. I wouldn't worry about it. The windows firewall and windows updates should be plenty here.

You can setup client isolation in wifi pretty easily, its much more of a pain on wired. What network equipment do you have.

Asus RT-AC56R

If you want to have full control just install a personal firewall on the clients you want to protect, like Zone Alarm...

1 minute ago, kofman13 said:

Asus RT-AC56R

Are you using wired or wifi?

Just setup guest for the wifi,  but its really way overkill here.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Are you using wired or wifi?

Just setup guest for the wifi,  but its really way overkill here.

guest is the perfect idea ! thanks

If you're worried about worms potentially infecting your network I think you should start with not going to sketchy websites for one and two harden your clients anti-virus. I wouldn't worry too much about killing inter-client communication on a home LAN. If you have kids and you're worried they're going to download something bad put their devices on a different subnet.