Small feet between heat sink and bottom cover

I see these small feets (encircled in red) on heat sink and bottom cover. Exactly what are those?

Couple months before Linus, in one of the video, recommended putting a thermal pad between heat sink and outer cover. Do you guys recommend? 

A860851F-6FD0-4A32-90EA-DA44B01E73EE.jpeg

Probably insulating pads, so the bottom cover doesn't get very warm.

I can't recommend putting thermal pads there, to dissipate the heat into that.

The main two reasons I wouldn't recommend that are:

- the bottom plate is more of a heatspreader and not heatsink and would only help with small bursts of heat

- See the battery at he bottom? See how all the heat generating components and the entire cooling system is on the entire other side of the device? Batteries don't perform well in heat and by heating up the bottom plate of your laptop, you will also heat up that battery. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, minibois said:

See the battery at he bottom

Thanks. This was exactly my concern.

No it's not a thermal pads, probably just a foam to minimize vibration

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w