HELP using WD an1500 with 3090 rtx and M.2 to max performance...need help

i am trying to get the most of my computer.

Acer Predator XB323U GPbmiiphzx 32" WQHD
MSI Z390 GODLIKE motherboard
i9-9900ks
3 x SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
WD_Black 4TB AN1500 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD 
G.SKILL 128GB (4 x 32GB) Trident Z Royal Series DDR4 PC4-28800 3600MHz Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C18Q-128GTRS
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1600W, Fully
NZXT Kraken Z73

The question is where to put the operating system on the samsung m.2 or the wd an1500

The WD AN 1500 runs at high speeds only when it on 8 channel not 4 but with this motherboard i would be splitting the pcie ssd with the graphic card? Will this effect the performance of the graphic card  and is it worth it to get the WD an1500 running at top speed and sharing the 16x to 8x8?

(speed bench on 4x for wd is same or similiar to samsung m.2 around read/write 3400/3300  the max in pcie3.0 x8 is suppose to be upwards of 6500/4400) 

It has been suggested to spit the 8 channel with Graphic card and wd ssd and also take 2 of the m.2 raid(1) to max performance and use the last m.2 of the 3 for extra memory but put games on the wd an1500 along with windows 10 O.S and use the RAID (1) m.2x2 for documents or work pictures music etc. is there a better or this best solution? 

What do you suggest for the overall build with the high performance components installed? setup?

The computer is used for work and low gaming (CALL of duty) or fps games etc. multi screens are used.

Your input is greatly appreciated... THANK YOU!!! GOING CRAZY

P>S>  i HAVE corsair 5000d airflow CASE.

15 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

The WD AN 1500 runs at high speeds only when it on 8 channel not 4 but with this motherboard i would be splitting the pcie ssd with the graphic card? Will this effect the performance of the graphic card  and is it worth it to get the WD an1500 running at top speed and sharing the 16x to 8x8?

Yup to get the ssd to run at x8 the gpu needs to run at x8 aswell.

15 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

What do you suggest for the overall build with the high performance components installed? setup?

Drop that wd black an1500 ssd. Get a standard m.2 instead. You won't notice the speed difference, or it might be worse, as raid often has worse latency.

17 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

The question is where to put the operating system on the samsung m.2 or the wd an1500

Id put it on the samgsung ssd, so then you don't have to deal with the raid 0 for boot. But really won't matter, basically the same performance. Optane might be a bit faster, but really not worth the money.

-> Moved to Storage Devices

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

ok so i already have 3 m.2 2tb installed the suggestion was to raid just 2 of them in raid (1) then the 3rd use as extra memory so i would have 2 tb raid (1) and then the 2 tb m.2....on top of that i have the wd an1500 which is a 4tb if i split the pcie to 8 x8 with the gpu then it could run upwards of 6500 read but would i bottle neck or have issues with the performance of the 3090 card my dropping 8x pcie 3.0  is it worth the speed increase  from the an1500?

20 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

ok so i already have 3 m.2 2tb installed the suggestion was to raid just 2 of them in raid (1) then the 3rd use as extra memory so i would have 2 tb raid (1) and then the 2 tb m.2....on top of that i have the wd an1500 which is a 4tb if i split the pcie to 8 x8 with the gpu then it could run upwards of 6500 read but would i bottle neck or have issues with the performance of the 3090 card my dropping 8x pcie 3.0  is it worth the speed increase  from the an1500?

For games and the uses you have listed there will be no speed increase at all. Nothing really cares about faster sequential speeds.

Why setup the raid 1? Id just keep them separate here, and setup good backups.

Ok so leaving the m.2 separate.  How would you utilize the wd An1500...leave it in the 4x and just use the 4tb for games.  Or move it to 8x splitting the 16x with the gpu to get faster speeds from the an 1500.  Finally where would u put the operating system and games 

1 hour ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

Ok so leaving the m.2 separate.  How would you utilize the wd An1500...leave it in the 4x and just use the 4tb for games.  Or move it to 8x splitting the 16x with the gpu to get faster speeds from the an 1500.  Finally where would u put the operating system and games 

Id return that drive if I had it, and just get larger m.2 drives instead. But if you have to keep it, put it in the 4x slot, but it really won't make a difference. Games won't take advantage of the faster sqeuentical speeds. Id put the os on one of the 970 evos

i thank you for your reply... the 970 evo plus only comes in largestsize of 2 tb of which is what i have 3x m.2 @ 2tb.

What i was told is the 3090 using the 8x channel of bandwith wont get affected but  i would increas he speed dramcticlly for the an1500 to 6500 from the 3500 in the 4x channel which would increae also from the m.2....  the original reason i bought it was to increase storage or games without sacrificing read speads by using ssd 870 read/writes since theres no more room for m.2 

now that i have it some are saing by putting the os and games on the an1500 theroretically will improve there load speeds almost double and the othere m.2 use for document storage and backup at thatpoint to make it fater do o so mant extra m.2 should take advantage of 2 of the 3 and raid 1 them to increase speed and use 3rd as extra....THOUGHTS?

and thank you

57 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

i thank you for your reply... the 970 evo plus only comes in largestsize of 2 tb of which is what i have 3x m.2 @ 2tb.

Why not get something like a rocket 8tb then? FOr games the performance won't matter at all.

What i was told is the 3090 using the 8x channel of bandwith wont get affected but  i would increas he speed dramcticlly for the an1500 to 6500 from the 3500 in the 4x channel which would increae also from the m.2....  the original reason i bought it was to increase storage or games without sacrificing read speads by using ssd 870 read/writes since theres no more room for m.2 

Those sequentical speeds raelly won't matter for the ssd in terms of load times. BUt i fyou got the hardware, might as well try both..

now that i have it some are saing by putting the os and games on the an1500 theroretically will improve there load speeds almost double and the othere m.2 use for document storage and backup at thatpoint to make it fater do o so mant extra m.2 should take advantage of 2 of the 3 and raid 1 them to increase speed and use 3rd as extra....THOUGHTS?

Id use the m.2 as boot as its simpler, and then you don't have to deal with raid 0 for boot. Id really get rid of that an1500, It makes no sense to me here. Just get a bigger m.2, and you don't need the speed. All ssds load games in about the same speeds.

58 minutes ago, Wrath0fFranco said:

and raid 1 them to increase speed

Raid 1 won't increase speed, its for redundancy. Maybe a bit faster reads. But won't affect uses uses. Game load time will be basically the same on all of these setups.

Honestly if you want a lot of space you can always buy something like 16TB Samsung PM1733...

AN1500, IMO, is a waste of time. Especially on platform like this where getting pci-e x8 means stealing lanes from GPU.

And no, having 3.0 x8/4.0 x4 will not noticeably improve load times, having raid can potentially make things worse, but most likely will not change anything either.