Gigabyte Tech Support - Do they ever respond?

Jason Nemeck

Hey folks,
I posted a question on Gigabyte's esupport page over a week ago...fairly simple question about the BIOS settings on their motherboards, but I have not rec'd any kind of response.
Does anybody out there have any suggestions on or experience with their esupport and how to get an answer from them?

well I can't say anything about the esupport but I once had to call them in order to report a problem, had some annoying waiting music in my ear for about an hour and then they (Gigabyte) just hung up. Tried it again a couple of days later, same result.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

Yeah, my experiences aren't that good either :old-eyeroll:  Eventually, I got a reply (not the one I wanted, but there you go) 3 weeks late. So, YMMV!

(it was about one of their workstation/server-stuff products, not some gaming rig, which have a much lower profit margin)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 minute ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

Techs in the know avoid Gigabyte.

you're simply just wrong here. 

many "techs" love gigabyte, I've almost always used gigabyte, haven't had any issues. Ask others to, Gigabyte is one of the most reliable if not the most reliable motherboard manufacturer, wherever you got that "Techs in the know avoid Gigabyte" BS, IDK, but you should dump that thought out of your mind. Their RMA process can be difficult at times, I will admit, but it's far from the worst. 

4 hours ago, Jason Nemeck said:

Hey folks,
I posted a question on Gigabyte's esupport page over a week ago...fairly simple question about the BIOS settings on their motherboards, but I have not rec'd any kind of response.
Does anybody out there have any suggestions on or experience with their esupport and how to get an answer from them?

best to make a call, you can also make a post on the LTT forums, plenty of people here are knowledgeable and willing to help you out. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 minutes ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

There was a period in the mid-90's when Gigabyte was pretty good....but those days are long gone.  Again, not trying to offend anyone.  However, I stand by my opinion.

please show me where gigabyte is lacking hardware wise, since you to be very strong about both points. Gigabyte has literally been making  some of the best price to perf boards at almost every price range for the past 5 years, with some absolute beasts coming from them. 

there's a difference between opinion and misinformation 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

You mean on their forums or something like that? Or did you send email etc. to actual tech support? I have one experience with their Europe/UK support and they got back to my question in couple of days IIRC. Yes, not very fast, but not that slow either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

you're simply just wrong here. 

many "techs" love gigabyte, I've almost always used gigabyte, haven't had any issues. Ask others to, Gigabyte is one of the most reliable if not the most reliable motherboard manufacturer, wherever you got that "Techs in the know avoid Gigabyte" BS, IDK, but you should dump that thought out of your mind. Their RMA process can be difficult at times, I will admit, but it's far from the worst. 

best to make a call, you can also make a post on the LTT forums, plenty of people here are knowledgeable and willing to help you out. 

You said to make a post on the LTT forums...isn't that what I have done here?

On 2/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, LogicalDrm said:

You mean on their forums or something like that? Or did you send email etc. to actual tech support? I have one experience with their Europe/UK support and they got back to my question in couple of days IIRC. Yes, not very fast, but not that slow either.

Only way I can contact Gigabyte esupport is how I did it, on their esupport site, like I said.

No actual tech support email listed on the site anywhere I can find.

24 minutes ago, Jason Nemeck said:

Only way I can contact Gigabyte esupport is how I did it, on their esupport site, like I said.

No actual tech support email listed on the site anywhere I can find.

I didn't use email, I used online form. And they got back to me in couple of days. Which is fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had a similar issue with Gigabyte Europe (Their offices are about 20 minutes drive from my home). They are a train wreck for the company. I ended up dealing with Gigabyte UK on the advice of overclockers.co.uk forums guys and that was the best thing I ever did. (Gigabyte europe, 3 months to respond, and at the end of it all, yea we cant help you go f yourself. Gigabyte UK responded the next day and went out of their way to solve my issue and as soon as they had the part, I had a replacement component the next day (I did have to send it to my uk address though)). After that experience I wont ever be buying Gigabyte parts from EU firms, only when I can from UK sellers but unfortunately now I have to pay import fees for it.

Maybe use a vpn and set it to the uk so you get directed to their support as if your in Europe its by far the worst experience I've had along with Scan.co.uk support

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset