The Sinking City developer asks users not to buy its game on Steam!

Summary

The game developer has stated that this is an old version of the game. There's no DLC, no cloud saves, no achievements,... This is NOT the same version that got released by Frogwares early January, and Frogwares hasn't released any news about this release, so I doubt they'll ever see the money.

Quotes

Frogwares has not created the version of@thesinkingcity that is today on sale on @Steam. We do not recommend the purchase of this version. More news soon.

My thoughts

So Nacon 'the previous publisher', which has no right to publish this game as they still haven't paid Frogwares royalties that they are owed! are NOT seeing a penny of my money!"

Sources

From Frogwares twitter account -

https://www.ign.com/articles/sinking-city-disappeared-frogwares-nacon-bigben-royalties

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-02-26-the-sinking-city-developer-asks-users-not-to-buy-its-game-on-steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/LizDeLaFuentez/recommended/750130/

Back story

https://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/

TSC.jpg

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

3 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Is this an attempt to look innocent for taking deal with Epic cos im no fan of Epic, i will boycot their publisher tho, what i don't understand is did the epic deal they made go thru was it decided by publisher or the devs ?

Dafaq? What you on about? The devs decided to release on egs, a company that doesn't pay it's royalty's released the same game on steam, and youre  worried about epic?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

It's unfortunate that small developers need publishers in order to even develop their games...

But it's good that now that they are somewhat established, they can publish their own games. Like they did with the PS5 and Switch version.

Worst part in this, is NACON trying to portrait themselves as not guilty... Even though they messed up multiples times and didn't even pay the devs by the end of it.

8 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Yes because exclusives are bad, i don't care if the devs fall victim it does not make it any less worse, sure what happened to them is bad but so are exclusives i am not gonna buy their game out of pity on epic store or elsewhere they tell me to buy it i much rather not buy it cos of all the drama surounding it makes it already not trust worthy, if you have a problem with that this forum has ignore function i suggest you use it to ignore me.

A) It's not exclusive at all if it's available elsewhere(It's also on Origin). Including DRM free versions(GamesPlanet). This is totally just because it's not available on your platform of choice, isn't it.

B) They tried releasing their version on Steam again and it got pulled. Either by Valve, by themselves, or by NACON.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Yes because exclusives are bad, i don't care if the devs fall victim it does not make it any less worse, sure what happened to them is bad but so are exclusives i am not gonna buy their game out of pity on epic store or elsewhere they tell me to buy it i much rather not buy it cos of all the drama surounding it makes it already not trust worthy.

Ithey didn't say to. In fact, they said to not buy it.

But it's not exclusive. Its on 3 different platforms.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 different other companies having done or not done various different things which are not thoroughly described.  Sounds like a big mess.  I don’t know who or what to believe.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This is because of Big Ben/Nacon (the publisher) failing to fulfill their contract with Frogwares (the developer) and pay the devs what they're owed. This story goes back almost to when the game was first released. Here's a rundown from when the game was delisted before in summer of 2020: https://frogwares.com/the-sinking-city-is-being-delisted-heres-why/ 

It has nothing to do with Epic. If you're still this salty about Epic in the year 2021, find some other thread to rant in because it's totally off topic here.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 2/28/2021 at 12:02 AM, Middcore said:

It has nothing to do with Epic. If you're still this salty about Epic in the year 2021, find some other thread to rant in because it's totally off topic here.

100%, so as the OP any further EPIC ranting posts will be reported as off topic.

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

Yeah I remember... This was the game where the developer and the publisher were both fighting the rights to this game leading to one of the most confusing fights.
Essentially the jist of this is: The publisher is acting like a dick, wasn't paying the developer, saying they own the rights to the game, IP and everything.

Now that publisher tried to release the game on Steam, and... the claim is that this steam release is a pirated version of the game...

The game has now been delisted from Steam because of a DMCA claim by Frogwares, the developer.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/3/3/22311715/the-sinking-city-takedown-frogwares-nacon-hacked-pirated-allegations-lawsuit-dispute

Nice to see DMCA being used for good instead of evil for a change.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

• 2 years later...