In what situation a person will buy a B550 instead of X570?

in almost all situations. b550 is newer technology, optimised for the 5000 series. many of the boards have better/newer features and better vrms. they are also usually cheaper.

the only reason to go for x570 is for better compatibility (it can take ryzen 2000 series and apus, the b550 boards can only take 3000 and 5000 series) and the fact that you can have 8+sata connections and 8+ usb connections.

7 minutes ago, techismylife said:

Because in my country X570 and B550 are the same price

i guess in the end it really depends at which exact models you're looking and what cpu you have.

just to give an example, the msi x570 gaming plus is an overheating garbage, while the msi b550 gaming plus is excellent.

People that don't want another potential point of failure in the fan that cools the heatsink. 

People that don't think they're gonna need or care about having pci-e 4.0 coming from chipset (basically the 2nd m.2 and the bottom pci-e slot are typically connected to chipset)

B550 designs should be more modern, and often include updated peripherals (newer and better onboard audio chip ex alc1200 or alc1220 instead of alc892,  2.5g ethernet and/or wireless instead of regular 1 gbps ethernet), and you may get more usb 10g on the back on the io shield or a nicer mix of usb type c , usb 10g front panel header etc etc

Like @boggy77said, i'd almost always go for B550. If you compare the same feature set and VRM quality they're often cheaper than X570 boards. Most consumers will not need any of the additional features that X570 will bring to the table. Plus you also get rid of the small chipset fan that come with most X570 boards.

The only reason i can think of right now is, when you actually need multiple PCIe 4.0 drives for some reason. Otherwise just go for B550.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.