Any decent Cherry MX red, grey or clear mechanical keyboards at around 50-60 euros?

dens22
3 minutes ago, dens22 said:

Hello. I am looking for a decent mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX red, grey or clear keys. German amazon(https://www.amazon.de/) would be preferred. Thank you.

Are you fixiated on cherry switches or are other switches(ex. kailth red) ok?

3 minutes ago, Bartandroid123 said:

Are you fixiated on cherry switches or are other switches(ex. kailth red) ok?

To be honest I have only heard the Cherry switch click. But I just want like a happy medium. Not too loud, also not dead silent. I think other switches will also be fine.

36 minutes ago, dens22 said:

Hello. I am looking for a decent mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX red, grey or clear keys. German amazon(https://www.amazon.de/) would be preferred. Thank you.

GSkill KM360 - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07X4Y5RDC (59 eur)

Keep in mind with that budget you're stuck with ABS keycaps, but those can be replaced easily and very cheaply.

Oh, if you like the retro look, this original Cherry keyboard has Black switches. Slightly stiffer reds, really nice feel. I personally love the retro look, I'd get this. If I remember correctly, it even has PBT kepcays

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B001FRBYDY

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

GSkill KM360 - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07X4Y5RDC (59 eur)

Keep in mind with that budget you're stuck with ABS keycaps, but those can be replaced easily and very cheaply.

Are those caps bad?

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Oh, if you like the retro look, this original Cherry keyboard has Black switches. Slightly stiffer reds, really nice feel. I personally love the retro look, I'd get this.

that doesn't have a DE layout

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 minute ago, dens22 said:

Are those caps bad?

Yeah, they'll wear down and become weird and shiny with time, but caps are super cheap to replace and get really nice PBT ones. 

I edited my reply to include this original Cherry keyboard - 

It's only 75 eur, comes with Cherry Black switches (slightly stiffer reds, I prefer them), and great PBT keycaps. If you like the classic look, this is one of the best keyboards you'll ever own.

2 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

that doesn't have a DE layout

True, OP didn't specify he wanted a german layout though, just a keyboard that was available in Germany. @dens22 is the layout a deal-breaker?

Edit: Nevermind, 

Just now, dens22 said:

I need the regular EU layout.

38 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Oh, if you like the retro look, this original Cherry keyboard has Black switches. Slightly stiffer reds, really nice feel. I personally love the retro look, I'd get this. If I remember correctly, it even has PBT kepcays

Don't, that's a dogshit keyboard. Awful switches, awful case, no plate (PCB-mount switches), lasered ABS keycaps (so they look like shit and aren't durable either), etc. Everything about that keyboard is bad, especially the build quality, and 75 euros is a scam.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't, that's a dogshit keyboard. Awful switches, awful case, no plate (PCB-mount switches), lasered ABS keycaps (so they look like shit and aren't durable either), etc. Everything about that keyboard is bad, especially the build quality, and 75 euros is a scam.

Did they start making them cheaper or something? I used an older one and it had PBT keycaps and the switches just felt like slightly stiffer reds, which is pretty normal for a black switch. 

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Did they start making them cheaper or something? I used an older one and it had PBT keycaps and the switches just felt like slightly stiffer reds, which is pretty normal for a black switch. 

Cherry rarely used PBT caps on 1800s. MX blacks are indeed "stiffer reds," and they have the same scratchiness and bad sound.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Cherry rarely used PBT caps on 1800s. MX blacks are indeed "stiffer reds," and they have the same scratchiness and bad sound.

I'll stop recommending them, my understanding was that the Cherry keyboards have PBTs and the variants had Lasered keycaps except for a few.

Blues or bust for me, but I never thought of Red switches as 'scratchy', they're just linear - the browns are the scratchy ones with their stupid notch.

51 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What about Cooler Master CK550?

4 minutes ago, dens22 said:

What about Cooler Master CK550?

I would consider a cheap hotswap 60% kit from China and throwing in your own switches, maybe Gateron Yellow if you want a linear or BOX White/Jade/Navy if you want clicky.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

I concur ... hot swappable board and some switches and keycaps ... if you're tired of the switches you can swap them and that's it ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD