Singleplayer game suggestions

Stahlmann

Hey everyone,

i'm looking for some more games to play. If you have any singleplayer games you really enjoyed feel free to share. Doesn't matter if it's older or new.

I mostly like to play story-based RPGs, sightseeing games and other singleplayer games. (With the only exception being platformer-type games)

I'm not limited by hardware in any way.

I really look forward to your suggestions!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I really enjoyed battlefield 1 in story mode.

I feel a bit stupid for suggesting this but minecraft on some shaders(BSL for example) can be real fun.

(there's a chance you played these games ofc)

All of these are more action than chill games.

I got hooked for couple of days on GTAV. when I decided to play ForHonor I played almost whole day(or2) some story mode.

Tomb Raider is pretty good. (I didn't give alot of examples cause I just looked at Steam and Desktop what I got there[not so much I know])

Also Subnautica is kind of passive game where it's like Minecraft more like exploring & survival and less story.. (but it does have a more guiding storyline unlike Minecraft)

You could specify what kind of games like if action, or if you like more chill. (or you don't care?)

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

15 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Hey everyone,

i'm looking for some more games to play. If you have any singleplayer games you really enjoyed feel free to share. Doesn't matter if it's older or new.

I mostly like to play story-based RPGs, sightseeing games and other singleplayer games. (With the only exception being platformer-type games)

I just completed Tomb Raider 2013, if you haven't played the Trilogy, I'd suggest you could play the three games, other two being rise of the, and shadow of the tomb raider. You could play Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Knight. You could also try the modern warfare series of COD. I haven't played a ton of games but I liked these and these are very good imo.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Bartandroid123 said:

I feel a bit stupid for suggesting this but minecraft on some shaders(BSL for example) can be real fun.

forgot to mention this but do try cyberpunk.

29 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Hey everyone,

Red dead redemption 2 if you never played it.

In my opinion its best game ever.Such a good story,voice overs and its just amazing.FInished it 2 days ago and it killed every other game for me.

Assasins Creed series are good,my favourite is Black Flag.There are even mods for 4k realistic mode.

Red Dead Redemption 2, very good story, very good mechanics, a masterpiece. Got a bit of RPG element in it.

Try the online version only $5.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thanks for all the suggestions!

1 hour ago, Bartandroid123 said:

I actually have the game and never played story. I think i'll give it a try.

1 hour ago, Bartandroid123 said:

That was one of the last games i've played 😉

56 minutes ago, podkall said:

I got hooked for couple of days on GTAV.

Already played this. But thanks anyway!

56 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I just completed Tomb Raider 2013, if you haven't played the Trilogy, I'd suggest you could play the three games, other two being rise of the, and shadow of the tomb raider. You could play Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Knight. You could also try the modern warfare series of COD. I haven't played a ton of games but I liked these and these are very good imo.

I actually started the 2013 Tomb Raider and stopped somewhere in the midlle of the game a year ago. I think i might play these games too!

I'm not really in to marvel / DC stuff.

Already played the story of MW1,2,3, and black ops 1,2. Was okay imo. I'm really not into the newer COD games.

55 minutes ago, Bartandroid123 said:

forgot to mention this but do try cyberpunk.

Finished it a few days after release 😉 Really enjoyed it unlike many other people.

I'll give it a try again when it's more refined and has some new stuff like DLC maybe.

43 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

Red dead redemption 2 if you never played it.

In my opinion its best game ever.Such a good story,voice overs and its just amazing.FInished it 2 days ago and it killed every other game for me.

Assasins Creed series are good,my favourite is Black Flag.There are even mods for 4k realistic mode.

RDR2 somehow didn't really hook me if you know what i mean. I played through the prolog and then lost motivation. I think i might try this one again, too.

Assasins Creed Odyssey was also great, but Valhalla was a complete flop for me, stopped around 10 hours in.

I might give Black flag a try again. I stopped in my initial playthrough because at some part it became too much naval stuff. After enjoying odyssey i should try it out again. Maybe now the naval combat stuff works for me.

All in all you guys made me remember so many games that i bought and never finished for some reason 😄 Thanks for that!

I think for now i'll start over with RDR2 again. After that maybe the Tomb Raider trilogy and AC: Black Flag.

Now that i do have a 3080 and a 4K OLED with HDR i think RDR2 might be a wholly new game compared to my 1080Ti and 1440p setup i had back when i first tried it.

Do you guys recommend Controller or Mouse+Keyboard for this game? I remember the M/K controls being very annoying. Has anything changed in that regard?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

51 minutes ago, camieabz said:

Subnautica

The Long Dark

Mafia 3

All decent game with lots of things to see and do.

Subnautica was a great game, i'm still waiting for the full release of Below Zero before i play that.

Isn't the long dark a pure survival game? Does it have any story elements?

Subnautica (1) is a stand alone, full game worth playing. Below Zero won't make or break it. You're missing out. 🙂

The Long Dark is a survival game, yes, with a story mode, survival mode, challenges and multiple difficulty levels (including custom difficulties). It's a gem of a game, if you enjoy it. It's not easy to stay alive initially, but it's not supposed to be. Start with story mode (called 'Wintermute'), and move on to Survival if you prefer, or skip story mode completely. Story mode is the closest thing to a tutorial, but there's not a lot of hand holding, so much as gentle nudging.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

8 minutes ago, camieabz said:

Subnautica (1) is a stand alone, full game worth playing. Below Zero won't make or break it. You're missing out. 🙂

I played the full original game. I just want to wait before Below Zero is finished before i get to that one. (I already bought it, just waiting for the 1.0 Update 😄 )

8 minutes ago, camieabz said:

The Long Dark is a survival game, yes, with a story mode, survival mode, challenges and multiple difficulty levels (including custom difficulties). It's a gem of a game, if you enjoy it. It's not easy to stay alive initially, but it's not supposed to be. Start with story mode (called 'Wintermute'), and move on to Survival if you prefer, or skip story mode completely. Story mode is the closest thing to a tutorial, but there's not a lot of hand holding, so much as gentle nudging.

I'll look a bit more into this game. Thanks for the suggestion!

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

Have you tried Divinity: Original SIn 1/2? Also check out Disco Elysium if you are in for a heavy story-based CRPG.

I tried Original Sin 1 and found it to be very boring imo. That's why i ultimately stopped playing.

I'm gonna have a look into Disco Elysium.

21 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'm gonna have a look into Disco Elysium.

Just a warning, Disco Eysium has no combat and no voice acting - of course that then causes a lot of reading required. 

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

I actually started the 2013 Tomb Raider and stopped somewhere in the midlle of the game a year ago. I think i might play these games too!

Already played the story of MW1,2,3, and black ops 1,2. Was okay imo. I'm really not into the newer COD games.

You could easily take up Tomb Raider 2013. As good as the game is, I was kinda disappointed by its length xD

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

If you've got a PS4/5, Spiderman, Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Shadow of the Colossus.

If you're PC only, Spyro Remastered, Crash Remastered, setup RPCS3 and play through Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico. 

RPCS3 will open up a huge library of games. The PS3 had some really good exclusives that not many people know of, or that didn't run at 60fps on the original hardware, but emulate fabulously. 

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

I'll look a bit more into this game. Thanks for the suggestion!

Forgot to mention. I suggest you watch Kimiota on Twitch, if he's playing TLD. He's arguably one of the best players of it out there. He knows pretty much all there is to know, so if nothing else, you can get an idea of what the game looks like. Just don't think you can watch him for 5-10 minutes and do the same. 😄

He never plays story mode, so there would be no spoilers, other than chat maybe talking about something from time to time.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I actually have the game and never played story. I think i'll give it a try.

That was one of the last games i've played 😉

Already played this. But thanks anyway!

Finished it a few days after release 😉 Really enjoyed it unlike many other people.

I'll give it a try again when it's more refined and has some new stuff like DLC maybe.

RDR2 somehow didn't really hook me if you know what i mean. I played through the prolog and then lost motivation. I think i might try this one again, too.

Assasins Creed Odyssey was also great, but Valhalla was a complete flop for me, stopped around 10 hours in.

I might give Black flag a try again. I stopped in my initial playthrough because at some part it became too much naval stuff. After enjoying odyssey i should try it out again. Maybe now the naval combat stuff works for me.

All in all you guys made me remember so many games that i bought and never finished for some reason 😄 Thanks for that!

I think for now i'll start over with RDR2 again. After that maybe the Tomb Raider trilogy and AC: Black Flag.

Now that i do have a 3080 and a 4K OLED with HDR i think RDR2 might be a wholly new game compared to my 1080Ti and 1440p setup i had back when i first tried it.

Do you guys recommend Controller or Mouse+Keyboard for this game? I remember the M/K controls being very annoying. Has anything changed in that regard?

well i play on xbox so i enjoy controller more to sit back and just chill if you know what i mean.I played on xbox series S and 1080p60fps monitor and still enjoyed the graphical stuff,i imagine on 4k would be breathtaking.RDR2 prolog is not representing the game honestly.When you start the open world thing you will be blown away.The fact that you need to replay the game couple of time to experience everything just shows you how big of the game is.NPC are made absolutly incredible,often at times they feel like real humans.They will comment if you have some silly outfit,when you are dirty or looking like a hobo,or when you catch a big animal they will react differently.Each time you speak with them they will have different dialogue.Many hidden secrets into the game are implanted.I mean the fact that game is was in production like 6 years tells you a lot.And for different interactions with NPC´s they need to shot the talking sceens for month just blew me away.

I never played the new AC titles,but i heard that Valhalla isnt that great which sucks cause i am into Norse mythology and vikings in general.Origins have the best story out of new 3 is what most of people agree.Inital playtrough in Black Flag was just to show you how naval stuff works,and naval stuff is in general best way to farm money,and parts that you need to upgrade the ship.Pro tip,if you buy black flag again,buy yourself nice rum and collect shanties over the map,and just sit back,drink a bit and enjoy those sweet melodies.

i replyed here instead of edited my last comment sry.

Edited by AzzaNezz
mistake

Just kinda glanced at the suggestions so far and surprised I didn't see Outer worlds, Fallout 4, Monster hunter world (an mmo game but I played solo offline and loved it),

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning(olderish), Witcher 3, 

Horizon zero dawn (maybe haven't actually played but want to)

The best SP game I played last year was Horizon Zero Dawn. On an OLED with powerful hardware it is was perfect.

The SP games I play between AAAs are Space Engineers and BattleTech. 

Even though I had to plug in a controller for some parts I did like NieR Automata.

While I am waiting for Mass Effect Legendary Edition I will be doing a 4k playthrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat with mods. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

10 hours ago, jones177 said:

The best SP game I played last year was Horizon Zero Dawn. On an OLED with powerful hardware it is was perfect.

The SP games I play between AAAs are Space Engineers and BattleTech. 

Even though I had to plug in a controller for some parts I did like NieR Automata.

While I am waiting for Mass Effect Legendary Edition I will be doing a 4k playthrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat with mods. 

Oh right, Horizon was very well received. Somehow i forgot about that game. I think this will be my first priority. I do have a 4K 120Hz OLED and a 3080, so that should be that in terms of powerful hardware 😄

I did try Nier, but after a few hours of gameplay i still didn't find any story so i got bored and stopped playing the game. I really have no idea why so many people say this game has a great story.

The Mass Effect remastered games are also something i look forward to. I've never player any of these games, so that would be a good time to get into this series.

I remember the Stalker games from when i was way younger, but i never remembered them to be any good imo.

3 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

American Truck Simulator

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Get yourself a controller (XBox).

A wheel if you can.

service.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, but racing games and simulators are really not my type of game. I did see some youtubers having fun in this game but i'm fairly sure it's not for me.

11 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Oh right, Horizon was very well received. Somehow i forgot about that game. I think this will be my first priority. I do have a 4K 120Hz OLED and a 3080, so that should be that in terms of powerful hardware 😄

I was in the 80s most of the time with a 2080 ti so 60hz felt like a bit of a waist. I did try 1440p 120hz but it is one of the games that benefits from 4k. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV