Cheap PC For Old Games

MRBROKEPC

Don't know how cheap you were thinking but here's one I made with plenty of ways to upgrade or downgrade as necessary.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/s4c7gt

Can any one recommend a good CPU I could get on the cheap 2nd hand for gaming on older games such as fallout 3 and new vegas and skyrim? I want to build myself so please avoid recommending an old Optiplex.

Cheers for any help 

What's your budget? An R5 2600 you can get relatively cheaply $150ish and it'll handle those really well. Currently playing fallout 76 on mine (R5 2600x) with 1080p max

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

What's your budget? An R5 2600 you can get relatively cheaply $150ish and it'll handle those really well. Currently playing fallout 76 on mine (R5 2600x) with 1080p max

$75-$100 range

Just now, BiotechBen said:

What cpu are you running right now?

nothing looking to make an entry level build on the cheap, for games not on the ps5

5 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Okay, and what settings are you looking to run, and are you comfortable with overclocking

high I guess for older games and yeah can't see why not 

36 minutes ago, MRBROKEPC said:

I want to build myself so please avoid recommending an old Optiplex.

Why?

Intel i7 2600, 2600K and 3770.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

2 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Why?

i7 2600, 2600K and 3770.

Boredom mainly something to do 

-= Topics merged =-

@MRBROKEPC your eight topics have been merged into one topic as they are all asking a series of questions in line with your building and planning cheaper pc build. Please keep subjects of discussion in one single posted topic.

I understand you are new to the forum and you have done nothing inherently wrong. Just so you are aware, the New Builds and Planning subsection and the topics created are designed to prevent the situation you created by posting multiple topics about parts for a single build. This situation confuses the community as it separates the topic  or discussion and members dont see the relationship of the parts being asked about for the build.

If you are intentionally posting questions not related to the same build then this would be ok but after reviewing the topics they are all related the one discussion.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER