The MOST AVERAGE Gaming PC

James

Buy NZXT H510 Case (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Ws7WGe

Buy Hyper 212 Evo v2 CPU Cooler (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/s10a0sy

Buy Corsair CX650 PSU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/kBxRvkA

Buy Intel Core i7-4770K CPU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Ydah0

Buy EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming GPU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/pU9La

Buy Asus Z87I-Deluxe (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ywQOuW

Using the 2021 Steam Hardware Survey, we built the machine that apparently you’re all gaming on. It may not have Ray Tracing, but it's still pretty good!

7 minutes ago, James said:

Buy NZXT H510 Case (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Ws7WGe

Buy Hyper 212 Evo v2 CPU Cooler (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/s10a0sy

Buy Corsair CX650 PSU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/kBxRvkA

Buy Intel Core i7-4770K CPU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Ydah0

Buy EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming GPU (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/pU9La

Buy Asus Z87I-Deluxe (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/ywQOuW

Using the 2021 Steam Hardware Survey, we built the machine that apparently you’re all gaming on. It may not have Ray Tracing, but it's still pretty good!

"Are any of you running any of these components?"

I can do one better, arguably worse... two fold. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7:20 those games would benefit from a faster machine sure, but you can achieve 200fps in CS:GO with competitive settings pretty easily with that hardware, to my knowledge competitive players don't play with all settings cranked up to ultra and high.

It seems like it was yesterday, when Linus said "We go for the best of the best or the worst of the worst on this channel" (or smth similar).

Wonder from where that "average" video idea came 😕

2 minutes ago, komar said:

It seems like it was yesterday, when Linus said "We go for the best of the best or the worst of the worst on this channel" (or smth similar).

I think this is a pretty good idea for a video, actually. When enthusiast circles tend to be full of people with the latest and greatest, and YouTube comments are full of people having a contest to see how destitute they can sound with their ancient hardware, there's value in seeing what the "median" PC gaming experience is like. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

laughs with stock intel gpu and a i5 3470

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

24 minutes ago, komar said:

probably reality lol. Who in good conscious can continuously advertise the RTX series when they're going for triple what they're actually worth? It's absolutely retarded. 

35 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I think this is a pretty good idea for a video, actually. When enthusiast circles tend to be full of people with the latest and greatest, and YouTube comments are full of people having a contest to see how destitute they can sound with their ancient hardware, there's value in seeing what the "median" PC gaming experience is like. 

Never said its good or bad mate.

Showing that you in fact dont need the latest and greatest is good and they showed it with reasonable price to be expected for such 2nd hand built system.

13 minutes ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

probably reality lol. Who in good conscious can continuously advertise the RTX series when they're going for triple what they're actually worth? It's absolutely retarded. 

That is end user idiot decisions that dictate them prices. If noone buys, the prices will go down when the card supply is restored but it looks like too many people have too much extra money and absolutely cant wait.

I built my PC back in 2008, still working like charm. (I'm an animator)
- Motherboard ASUS M2N32 SLI Delux wireless edition.
- CPU AMD Athlon 3200+, later upgraded to Phenom X4 9550 later with (max suported) Phenom II 945 (got 3 CPUs at $25 on eBay)
- RAM 2GB, and upgraded 2GB at a time, now have 8GB(max)
- 250GB HDD, later got 1.5TB Seagate barracuda, now upgraded to crutial MX500GB SSD
-GPU Nvidia GeForce 8600GT, changed AMD Radeon 7850, now have GTX 1060 6GB, ya PCIe gen 1 16x is sufficient (in theory).
-SMPS started with zebronics 450 watts, now have corsair 650 watts.
-APC UPS 650 VA (was sufficient, and running since a decade and more)

And i (almost)used to run it 24, 7.
Is it a ultimate upgrade PC or what..

91% using W10 ..dang... that really shows how the majority of the 'gaming' community are rocking prebuilds (be them used with latest OS, or brand new) and/or just using a 'latest' software without any actual knowledge of it.

I'm sure the breakdown of the more enthusiast community wouldn't be so slanted in favor of that data gobbling OS.

Laughed at the Verge shade.. 🤣 .. they deserve it, they're just as bad as ever, havnt learned a thing.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

18 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

I'm sure the breakdown of the more enthusiast community wouldn't be so slanted in favor of that data gobbling OS.

I think the percentage for Win10 would be higher. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I think the percentage for Win10 would be higher. 

higher than W7 for sure.., but not 91%

or do u mean ..it would be higher than 91% ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

From the Video:

"Average PC from 750 to 1300$"

I hope he means Canadian money, which would translate into about 40$ in real world money 🤪

Seriously, 1300$ for that box? Complete rip off.

And if you wanna see some "ave" systems that can still game, check out the YT channel "Tech YES City" where he puts sub 400$ systems to the test.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Seriously, 1300$ for that box? Complete rip off

I think they are referring to the price when those components launched.

41 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

91% using W10 ..dang... that really shows how the majority of the 'gaming' community are rocking prebuilds (be them used with latest OS, or brand new) and/or just using a 'latest' software without any actual knowledge of it.

I'm surprised it's not 95%.

Windows 7 just plain doesn't support things anymore.
Also, when's the last time you tried Windows 10?

elephants

Just now, SolarNova said:

I'll certainly accept that as a valid thought, but he didn't seem to say that outright, let me listen to that part again....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

The video stated "with some savvy eBaying, you could have a system like this for anywhere from 750$ to 1300$ dollars..."

Which says to me, used parts (nothing wrong with that one bit, my entire system was built from used parts) but damn...a 4th gen Intel system for that money???

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

or do u mean ..it would be higher than 91% ?

That. 

That steam survey link was amusing. My system video card isn't even listed (Radeon Pro WX 7100)

16 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Yesterday, it still blows goats.

Windows 9 forever! (or at least until 2024 when it falls out of support)

23 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I'm surprised it's not 95%.

Windows 7 just plain doesn't support things anymore.

Cant say i've had any issues with programs supporting W7.. although i know some newer things have limits, like DX12.

Thankfully i've never had to install W10 on my own machine, but i got family members running systems in the house with it and i cant stand it. Makes helping them out when problems occur a nightmare when half the advanced functionality is hidden, by default at least.

There is also the 'trust' aspect, with the whole data gathering and forced updates fiasco around launch ..i'd have to get a modded version to even consider using it myself in the future. At the moment i got no reason to move on from W7, it works, and i have full control over my system, data gathering disabled, data gathering updates since W10 have been avoided. A common argument is the whole 'its no longer supported by MS' doesn't concern me, i;ve literally used machines for years with outdated un-updated OS's , no Anti Viruses etc and had zero problems, 'not so common any more' sense is a far more effective anti virus than a program.

13 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

There is also the 'trust' aspect, with the whole data gathering and forced updates fiasco around launch

Again, that was the launch release.

Windows 10 1507 is very different from 20H2 - it asks you before restarting, etc.

I see a lot of Windows 10 haters hating the launch release, and thinking that the newest is exactly the same.

elephants